|Job Title||Maintenance Lead (Relocation Bonus Available)|
|Location||Kansas City, KS - Edwardsville|
|Reports to||Lonny Delvecchio|
NOTE: Relocation assistance to the Edwardsville area may be available for qualified candidates.
Lineage is currently searching for a Lead Maintenance Technician to join our growing team!
This person is responsible for assisting the Plant Maintenance Manager in managing the activities of the maintenance department by keeping the building and equipment in a proper state of repair and compliance. Under the direct leadership of the Plant Maintenance Manager, this individual will be required to lead, coordinate, and participate in any and all activity related to facility maintenance including but not limited to: repairs and maintenance of the building, refrigeration systems, and water treatment systems, material handling equipment, landscaping, utility systems, plant projects, machinery installations, training, safety, and fill in as the acting Plant Engineer during his absence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintenance Projects and Management
- Manage 3 direct reports on our maintenance team.
- Assist in Maintenance project development and post-approval execution. Manage and schedule assigned project elements to ensure minimal interruption to plant operations. Deliver finished assignments as designed, on time and on budget with no safety, food safety or environmental issues.
- Manage and lead Continuous Improvement (CI) and Lean initiatives.
Maintenance and Associated Technical Processes
- Responsible for the execution of maintenance systems associated with high performing manufacturing organizations (Root Cause Analysis, Reliability-Centered Maintenance, TPM, etc.). These systems will provide maximum plant capacity, while minimizing cost.
- Work toward the proper scheduling of maintenance activities to maximize throughput with minimal plant disruption.
- Accountable for providing daily direction to the maintenance team members and day-to-day support to all operating teams having issues with troubleshooting, problem analysis, equipment failures, etc. Ensure the smooth daily operation of the facility with minimal repetitive issues.
- Execute an effective Preventive and Predictive Maintenance program utilizing CMMS system to the fullest extent. Extract and analyze program data to ensure a constant state of continuous improvement.
- Learn and understand the plant and department Key Performance Indicators for tracking and reporting the performance of the maintenance function.
- Facilitate the troubleshooting and repair of electrical wiring and material handling equipment.
- Must be willing to learn to perform and manage all tasks required for the safe, compliant operation of refrigeration systems containing up to 200,000 pounds of anhydrous ammonia.
- Assist with, learn and eventually fully understand all site compliance efforts, including PSM/RMP, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan, Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures, Wastewater, Air permitting (as required), Universal Waste Management and Electrical Safety (Arc Flash).
- Responsible for the professional performance and upkeep of all compliance recordkeeping, inspections, action lists and other programmatic duties.
- Fast paced work environment with, in and around industrial machinery.
- Cold storage environment. Warehouse bays are kept at a constant 32 degrees (and below zero in certain areas). Ability to withstand cold storage temps for extended periods of time (warm gear provided by company).
- Noise level varies and at times and can be loud.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 4+ years of related experience in a manufacturing environment, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Continuous Improvement (CI) and/or Lean experience highly preferred.
- Maintenance experience including electrical wiring, welding and plumbing experience.
- Possess technical skills in mechanical / electrical fields (e.g. PLCs, instrumentation, mechanical engineering, etc.)
- Must learn and employ the CMMS system on a daily basis within 6 months of hire.
- Prefer PSM/RMP trained.
- Two year Degree in Engineering or Business from a community college or technical school preferred.
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills, capable of expressing ideas clearly and concisely in both written and oral formats. Represent the department, plant, and company in a continuously professional manner with internal and external customers and regulatory bodies.
- Good organizational planning, teamwork, and analytical reasoning skills.
- Knowledge of common elements of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and the Internet required.
- Strong interpersonal and technical communication skills are required.
- Ability to assist with resource planning efforts in a large manufacturing/warehousing environment.
- Available to work different shifts as necessary.
- Available to work occasional to frequent overtime.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable assistance
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug screen, and background check.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.