|Location||Richmond,VA*||*Position is based out of Richmond, VA - Chesapeake|
Lineage is currently searching for a Warehouse Worker (Assembler) to join our growing team! As our Warehouse Worker (Assembler), you will efficiently package finished products into final containers/cartons, ensure accurate code dates are printed on the products per customer requirements, and conduct QC checks on product labels, leaks, damaged packaging (plastic containers) and isolate non-conforming products.
Responsibilities of the Warehouse Worker (Assembler):
- Set up equipment, tables and blank forms as needed at the start of every shift
- Follow all food safety programs, GWP guidelines, company policies and procedures
- Lead by example and maintain a high work ethic
- Safely operate machinery and equipment, only if properly trained
- Communicate clearly to our maintenance team if any observations of machinery or equipment malfunctions are made
- Observe any non-conforming packaging and/or processed products to isolate and remove them from the production line
- Maintain a clean and safe work area at all times
- Ensure that all documentation and reporting is completed and submitted daily to the production lead
- Ensure the proper receipt, storage, handling, and/or distribution of safe and quality foods products at this facility
Required Qualifications of the Warehouse Worker (Assembler):
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other team members
- Demonstrated ability to use basic mathematical skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Capable of becoming certified to operate all the equipment used in the warehouse
- Available to work different shifts as necessary and overtime as needed
- Must be willing and able to frequently stand, walk, crawl, climb, push, pull, kneel, bend and reach
- Able to lift up to 75 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must be able to perform in all areas that hourly team members are performing with the manual dexterity needed
Preferred Qualifications of the Warehouse Worker (Assembler):
- High School Diploma or GED
- Fast paced work environment with, in and around industrial machinery
- Cold storage environment. Warehouse bays are kept at a constant 32 degrees (and below zero in certain areas). Ability to withstand cold storage temps for extended periods of time (warm gear provided by company)
- Noise level varies and at times and can be loud
- Must wear all safety PPE gear when performing a task that requires PPE; including but not limited to, safety glasses, hearing protection, gloves, hair and beard nets and aprons
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.