|Job Title||Shipping & Receiving Operator*|
|Location||Chicago,IL*||*Position is based out of Chicago, IL (Chicago I) - S Damen|
Lineage Logistics is hiring Shipping and Receiving Operators. As the Shipping and Receiving Operator, you will be responsible for stocking received items and filling customer orders to be shipped. Additionally, you will verify inventory and visually inspect shipments for quality.
Responsibilities of the Shipping and Receiving Operator:
- Read and follow computerized work orders to determine quantities and types of products to be shipped
- Identify products requested in work orders through reading, interpreting, and scanning pallet identification (PID) numbers; determine the location of requested items in the warehouse
- Change over pallets for picking, visually inspect items for damages or flaws; document and report damages to supervisors or leads
- Pack, seal and label materials/pallets for shipping using hand or power tools
- Document and verify counts of picked items through handheld computers; alert supervisors/inventory control to the issue and await further directions for rectifying the problem
- Help other warehouse personnel at the end of the shift with putting away/organizing warehouse
Required Qualifications of the Shipping and Receiving Operator:
- 1+ year(s) of experience in a warehouse environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to read and speak English
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be able and willing to complete a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Preferred Qualifications of the Shipping and Receiving Operator:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Fast paced industrial machinery and cold storage work environment
- Warehouse bays are kept at 32 degrees (and below zero in certain areas)
- Ability to withstand cold storage temperatures for extended periods of time (warm gear provided by company)
- Noise level varies at times and it can be loud
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We values respect and care about our team members.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.