|Job Title||Customer Service Representative*|
|Location||Hanover Park,IL*||*Position is based out of Hanover Park, IL|
Lineage Foodservice Solutions (LFS) is a new division of Lineage Logistics, the world's largest temperature-controlled logistics company.
Please note: our interview process is designed to comply with CDC recommendations. Your safety is of the utmost importance to us.
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company's success. Join our team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) assists and supports all customer relations and distributor sales representatives to promote sales and profits. This role is responsible for answering customer and sales personnel questions, addressing customer requests and issues, communicating matters of significance to appropriate personnel, and addressing any concerns related to the delivery of orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily communication with customers and sales personnel for the purpose of taking orders.
- Support DSRs relationship with customer by acting as a backup for required communications with customers.
- Add items to an order.
- Use suggestive selling techniques with customers to increase sales and profits.
- Demonstrate professional telephone skills in all interactions with internal and external customers.
- Handle all customer complaints and inquiries.
- Handle pricing inquiries.
- Process credit memos for product pick-up and pricing errors/credits.
- Fax material to customers at the direction of the DSM.
- Take care of out of stocks by calling the customer, and/or making or suggesting suitable sub.
- Accept orders for special two day meat orders.
- Take special order requests from DSRs.
- Help in providing samples at the request of DSRs.
- Fill out order release forms for off day deliveries.
- Assist at the customer service window.
- Assist brokers and vendors obtaining products or samples.
- Assist with all incoming calls into the department.
- Communication with customers and DSR's regarding out of stocks, special orders and special delivery requests.
- Communication with customers of delivery schedule changes due to holidays and mechanical problems.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor at all times. Must interact diplomatically with internal and external customers. Must possess a pleasant telephone manner with strong verbal and written communication skills presenting information in a clear and concise manner. Strong attention to detail and accuracy. Customer service focused with strong organization, time management, and follow up skills. Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite and SAP.
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers' requirements. Beyond that, you'll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We'll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation's food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.