|Job Title||Jockey Driver*|
|Location||Elizabeth,NJ*||*Position is based out of Elizabeth, NJ - Bayway|
Lineage is searching for a Jockey Driver to join our growing team! As our Jockey Driver, you will be responsible for moving, loading, and unloading to/from dock doors per shipping schedule/instructions.
Responsibilities of the Jockey Driver:
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting product
- Operate truck safely and obey posted facility speed limits
- Maintain logs of trailer movements
- Perform daily inspections on truck and equipment
- Maneuver trailers into loading or unloading positions and check that truck and trailer are properly positioned
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles and/or equipment
- Visually inspect interior of trailer prior to closing doors
- Visually inspect exterior of trailer for damage and/or defects
- Check condition of pallets, inspect for hold tags or caution tape, or other tags or markers
- Check/set trailer temperature and check fuel level, add fuel if needed
- Perform trailer inventory and document on log forms
- Communicate with office coordinators on daily movements of trailers and customer needs
- Perform sanitation duties as assigned
Required Qualifications of the Jockey Driver:
- 1+ year(s) of experience maneuvering tractor trailers and/or heavy equipment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to read and speak English
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be capable of becoming certified to operate equipment
- Must be willing and able to frequently push, pull, kneel, bend and reach
- Must be able and willing to complete a pre-employment basic math skills test
- Must be able and willing to complete a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Preferred Qualifications of the Jockey Driver:
- High School Diploma or GED
- CDL license
- This is a cold storage environment
- Temperature in warehouse ranges from -20 degrees up to 54 degrees
- Mid top or high-top Steel toe or Composite toe boots are required
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and communicating with a variety of people and personalities
- Noise level in the warehouse varies and, at times, can be loud
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.