|Job Title||Freight Handler/Lumper*|
|Location||Terrell,TX*||*Position is based out of Terrell, TX|
Lineage Foodservice Solutions (LFS) is a new division of Lineage Logistics, the world's largest temperature-controlled logistics company.
Please note: our interview process is designed to comply with CDC recommendations. Your safety is of the utmost importance to us.
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company's success. Join our team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
The Lumper counts, measures, and/or weighs articles to verify contents of shipments against bills of lading, invoices, or storage receipts.
* SHIFT: M - F, 1:00am -- 9:00am. *
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Examines articles for defects and sorts articles according to extent of defect.
- Attaches identification data onto article.
- Records factors causing goods to be returned.
- Complete product check in process in a timely manner.
- Count cases and verify accuracy of product received, including verification of shortages or damaged product.
- Complete timely and accurate paperwork.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures.
- Wear required personal protective equipment.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence and to speak effectively to clients, customers or employees. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be conscientious, diplomatic, and detail-oriented. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations (e.g., customer complaints, time pressures). Experience with forklift operation or other power equipment preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with a minimum of three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENCES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Rider pallet jack certification required. Specified shifts may be required to maintain forklift and dock stocker certifications.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to twist, bend, squat, kneel and is occasionally required to stoop, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers' requirements. Beyond that, you'll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We'll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation's food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.