|Job Title||Forklift Driver*|
|Location||Chicago,IL*||*Position is based out of Chicago, IL (Chicago 2) - W Ann Lurie (WHS)|
About Lineage Logistics:
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Your Career Starts Here!
Lineage is currently searching for Forklift Drivers to join our growing team!
As a Forklift Driver with Lineage, you will drive electric powered industrial trucks with lifting devices for Forklifts to move products, equipment, and materials. As the ideal candidate, you are comfortable learning and working with other machinery and material handling equipment as well. This is a fast-paced active role in a busy distribution center. Our success depends on your ability to work in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Completes daily forklift maintenance/check sheet
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids,
boxes, products, or materials, and transports load to designated area
- Puts away palletized units by raising forks for placement into four or five high racks
- Picks palletized units out of four or five high rack locations and stages for outbound shipment
- Inventories materials and records weight, counts, and condition of frozen food items via an RF system
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off pallets, skids, or lifting device
- Recharges, maintains proper water levels, and cleans batteries
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role leads to greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team
member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you challenged and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and fun. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
- Fast paced work environment with, in and around industrial machinery.
- Cold storage environment. Warehouse bays are kept at a constant 32 degrees (and below zero in certain areas). Ability to withstand cold storage temps for extended periods of time (warm gear provided by company).
- Noise level varies and at times and can be loud.
- 1 year of experience on a forklift
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Must be willing and able to work weekends
- Must be willing to work in cold environment (company provides all necessary gear)
- Must be able and willing to complete a pre-employment basic math skills test
- Must be able and willing to complete a pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Lineage Team Members:
- Continually meet internal and external customer expectations through teamwork, respect and willingness to help and support others.
- Demonstrate complete commitment to a culture of safety. Promote a safe work environment through personal actions and identifying any safety concerns.
- Treat all team members with a respect while demonstrating positive work attitude and leadership skills.
- Take initiative to continually improve performance and work processes through feedback, problem solving and generating new ideas.
- Work with a sense of urgency to complete tasks safely, effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrate excellent job performance in productivity, quality, safety, and attendance
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.