|Job Title||Purchasing Assistant|
The Purchasing Assistant is a critical position to the success of the company. This position works closely with the Purchasing Manager, as well as, all Account Managers on a daily basis. Place daily replenishment orders for all warehouses to ensure appropriate inventory levels are maintained. Extensive communication with Customer Service, Logistics, Warehouse receiving, vendors and Accounting, to achieve superior customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Create replenishment purchase orders utilizing an ERP system “forecast based” model.
- Responsible for the costing confirmation of assigned items on each order and confirming agreement with supplier.
- Manages all inventory levels and operates in “just in time” ordering practice.
- Expedites all deliveries with carriers/suppliers to avoid shortages.
- Determines the means of transportation for each purchase order attempting to generate profitability by using company arranged transportation.
- Works with customer and customer service to manage unavoidable shortages.
- Monitors the receipt of goods accuracy and the shelf life implication of product received.
- Works with suppliers on product availability, costing, product freshness, promotions, and all other applicable factors.
- Perform buy-ins on inventory considering market fluctuations.
- Work and communicate directly with specific accounts and be their secondary liaison for communication and assistance.
- Participate when requested for account specific meetings and projects.
- Resolve all conflicts for assigned distribution centers and suppliers.
- Fast paced working environment.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and communicate effectively in order to meet all internal and external customer needs.
- Must be comfortable and confident with basic computer and phone skills.
- Associate Degree and/or three years of prior Purchasing experience.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, word, and excel.
- EXCELLENT communication and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and math skills.
- Knowledge working in an ERP system a plus.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude while proactively resolving daily situations.
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Disciplined self-starter.
Lineage Team Members:
- Continually meet internal and external customer expectations through teamwork, respect and willingness to help and support others.
- Demonstrate complete commitment to a culture of safety. Promote a safe work environment through personal actions and identifying any safety concerns.
- Treat all team members with a respect while demonstrating positive work attitude and leadership skills.
- Take initiative to continually improve performance and work processes through feedback, problem solving and generating new ideas.
- Work with a sense of urgency to complete tasks safely, effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrate excellent job performance in productivity, quality, safety, and attendance