|Job Title||Compliance Practitioner (safety, compliance, audits)|
|Location||Bedford Park, IL|
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our Warehouse team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
We’re currently seeking a Compliance Practitioner to join the team. As our Compliance Practitioner, you will administer the Lineage Safety Program to ensure our team members are working in a safe, controlled and risk-free environment. Additionally, you will drive a culture that has safety as our #1 value, with the goal of creating a work environment that is 100% incident-free.
Responsibilities of the Compliance Practitioner:
- Apply and enforce the code of safe practices with all employees
- Supervise team members in day to day work activities regarding administering the safety program
- Lead meetings to assess and inform team members of safety policies and procedures and to address any safety or quality issues
- Conduct new hire safety orientations ensuring all employees have a good understanding of safety within the facilities
- Work with the leadership team to prepare for ASI and Lineage SIS audits
- Audit procedures and processes to ensure that those set forth are practiced and followed in accordance with company standards
- Maintain proper paperwork following established policies and procedures including maintaining various logs, binders, and other record-keeping systems
- Monitor warehouse safety supplies and other items necessary according to the established safety program, and notify operations of any deficits or safety supplies
- Work with internal and external customers on the safety program
- Work with daily operations to resolve issue within the facility as well as with the customer
- Attend training sessions and other necessary events assigned by Operations, including attendance to training sessions that are company-sponsored or administered by a third party or organization
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety in and around the warehouse while ensuring that all team members follow safety practices during work activities
- Carry out accident investigations and perform necessary steps to ensure that safety policies are followed and understood by all parties involved in the incident
- Comply with OSHA and Lineage Logistics Policies and administer accordingly
Required Qualifications of the Compliance Practitioner:
- High School Graduate or GED
- 2+ years of related experience in safety compliance roles
- Knowledge of safety rules/policies such as OSHA standards, USDA standards or Worker’s Compensation administration
- Knowledge of safety and accident electronic reporting systems, Microsoft Excel, Word and Access
Preferred Qualifications of the Compliance Practitioner:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related field
- Previous supervisory experience
- Cold storage warehouse with temperatures between -10 and 34 degrees
- Appropriate work gear will be provided
- Warehouse bays are kept at 32 degrees (and below zero in certain areas)
- Ability to withstand cold storage temperatures for extended periods of time (warm gear provided by company)
- Noise level varies at times and it can be loud
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.