|Job Title||Shipping Supervisor*|
|Location||Conklin,NY*||*Position is based out of Conklin,NY|
Please note: our interview process is designed to comply with CDC recommendations. Your safety is of the utmost importance to us
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our Warehouse team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
We’re currently seeking a Shipping Supervisor to join the team. As our Shipping Supervisor, you will oversee and coordinate activities of employees concerned with selection and loading, and advise employees on care and preservation of items received, stored, and shipped.
Responsibilities of the Shipping Supervisor:
- Communicate and demonstrate methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock
- Verify not in stock in areas of freezers and coolers
- Review records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to determine adequacy of stock levels
- Issue written and oral instructions and provide coaching where there are methods or procedural issues
- Assign duties and examine work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of employees
- Maintain harmony among workers and resolves grievances
- Adjust errors and resolve complaints
- Ensure reduction in error rates
- Replenish product in specified locations
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Manage department personnel including but not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications of the Shipping Supervisor:
- Associate's degree
- 2+ years' experience in warehouse operations
- 1+ year in a supervisory capacity
- Cold storage warehouse with temperatures between -10 and 34 degrees
- Appropriate work gear will be provided
- Warehouse bays are kept at 32 degrees (and below zero in certain areas)
- Ability to withstand cold storage temperatures for extended periods of time (warm gear provided by company)
- Noise level varies at times and it can be loud
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.