|Job Title||Transportation Supervisor*|
|Location||Savage,MD*||*Position is based out of Savage,MD|
Please note: our interview process is designed to comply with CDC recommendations. Your safety is of the utmost importance to us
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our Warehouse team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
As our Transportation Supervisor, you will be responsible for providing day to day oversight within the Transportation department within the position's specified territory by reviewing performance, ensuring compliance, and resolving driver issues.
Responsibilities of the Transportation Supervisor:
- Oversee, evaluate, and ensure ELD performance working with ELD Coordinator to resolve issues
- Communicate, review, and ensure DOT compliance
- Ensure logs are up to date for Driver review
- Resolve Driver issues and needs, on and off the road
- Review backhaul assignments and make necessary adjustment to routing or delivery
- Coordinate time off requests with appropriate management personnel
- Ensure drivers banking and documentation are completed accurately
- Work with Logistics to establish efficient routing
- Review communication log and address open issues
- Analyze driver performance and provide recommendations to appropriate personnel
- Assist the Transportation Manager with carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws, including directing the work of Dispatchers and addressing and resolving department personnel issues
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications of the Transportation Supervisor:
- Completed High School diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in transportation with at least 1 year of experience in a supervisory capacity
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite as well as routing and scheduling software
- Knowledge of driver safety and DOT compliance requirements
Preferred Qualifications of the Transportation Supervisor:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Transportation or Warehousing experience in the Food industry
- CDL-A License
- Cold storage warehouse with temperatures between -10 and 34 degrees
- Appropriate work gear will be provided
- Warehouse bays are kept at 32 degrees (and below zero in certain areas)
- Ability to withstand cold storage temperatures for extended periods of time (warm gear provided by company)
- Noise level varies at times and it can be loud
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.