|Location||Centralia,WA*||*Position is based out of Centralia,WA|
Lineage Logistics is hiring a Custodian. We offer a competitive base pay plus shift differential along with step-progression increases after 6 months. This is a full-time role, providing employees with some of the best benefits in the industry.
As the Custodian, you will perform custodial work in offices, warehouse, processing areas and other building interiors as required. Required to adhere to and follow all SSOPs as outlined, GMPs and Safety Procedures, and MSS tasks and schedule..
Responsibilities of the Custodian:
- Sweep vacuum, mop, scrub, wax and polish floors using industrial vacuum cleaners, scrubbing and buffing machines.
- Use ladders to dust and wash walls, clean ceilings, windows, dust concrete stairs and dust and polish light fixtures. Wash and replace blinds.
- Move cabinets, boxes, furniture, crates and equipment to clean areas. May remove stains from such surfaces as rugs, drapes, walls, and floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms; clean and sanitize test kitchen and lab.
- Empty all waste receptacles; remove and sort recyclable materials.
- Maintain basic facility repairs: including replacing light bulbs in offices, patching/painting walls, maintain and repair walkways and doors.
- Other duties as assigned, to assist in receiving, warehouse, and processing.
Required Qualifications of the Custodian:
- Strong communication skills with the ability to read and speak English
- Ability to operate floor cleaning equipment
- Must be comfortable lifting 45 lbs.
- Must be comfortable handling cleaning chemicals
- Must be able and willing to complete a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Required Competencies of the Custodian
- Teamwork Orientation
- Time Management
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Attention to Detail
- Self Disciplined
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous experience as custodian or manufacturing sanitation
- Previous experience in food manufacturing and/or food safety setting
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
The custodian performs their work in a food manufacturing setting. While primarily responsible for the cleaning of common areas and offices, cleaning and sanitation tasks will also include:
- Receiving dock, warehouse and manufacturing area.
- Exposure to multiple cleaning chemicals and compounds.
- Noise level varies at times and can be loud. Mandatory hearing protection and eye wear is required in designated working areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day.
- The employee must frequently lift and move items up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- Full-time, Regular, Hourly position
- Expected 40 work hours per week
- Monday through Friday
- 2:00 pm to 10:30 pm.
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.