|Job Title||Carrier Management Manager*|
|Location||Novi,MI*||*Position is based out of Novi,MI|
Please note: our interview process is designed to comply with CDC recommendations. Your safety is of the utmost importance to us
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our Safety and Quality team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
We’re currently seeking a Carrier Management Manager to join the team. As the Carrier Management Manager, you will be the Primary Carrier Management point of support for the daily operations in our centralized Transportation Management office in Novi, MI. Additionally, you will work with an established carrier base to procure rates and capacity for our dynamic network of RDC’s, and monitor carrier performance through carrier scorecarding process with input from operations to cultivate efficient and effective service to our customers across North America.
Responsibilities of the Carrier Management Manager:
- Apply and enforce the code of safe practices with all employees
- Conduct network carrier bids using our TMS’s proprietary procurement tool as economics dictate in the marketplace
- Conduct carrier request for proposals (RFPs) using proprietary resources along with ad hoc RFPs to support network changes as well as new business opportunities
- Additional adhoc RFPs to support operations, new business and volume fluctuations (seasonality)
- Analyze results of the carrier bids and carrier rate increases, using MS Excel, PC Miler and other various analytical tools
- Analyze the results of the RFPs and recommend proposed allocations by carrier to ensure service and cost targets are met or exceeded
- Work closely with operations in securing commitments and awarding business to preferred carriers across the network
- Support pricing for new business opportunities and network analysis
- Carrier vetting for possible onboarding, including contract administration, insurance compliance, and carrier safety rating monitoring support
- Fleet analysis/design as warranted
Required Qualifications of the Carrier Management Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, or similar. Will consider equivalent years of experience or combination of education and experience in lieu of degree
- 3+ years of experience negotiating transportation carrier pricing and securing necessary capacity
- Solid understanding of transportation operations and carrier cost drivers
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Preferred Qualifications of the Carrier Management Manager:
- Background with temperature control truckload, LTL regional, and dedicated providers
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.