|Job Title||Technology Architect|
Please note: our interview process is designed to comply with CDC recommendations. Your safety is of the utmost importance to us
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our Technology team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
Lineage Logistics is currently seeking a Technology Architect to join the team. As our Technology Architect, you would be responsible for the design and delivery of software application architecture components across Lineage’s expanding portfolio of supply chain systems. As a logistics organization, our supply chain technology - especially the differentiating technology we choose to build - provides the foundation upon which we deliver our services and is critical to both our effectiveness and our sustained leadership position in the industry. This hands-on position requires a knowledge of technology that is relatively broad but especially deep. A strong understanding of elements like API design and architecting applications for supportability is essential.
At Lineage, the aim is not to build the largest IT group; instead we are creating a small, highly-skilled team that focuses on having right mix of talents, skills, and the capacity to learn in areas that define our core differentiation. We leverage cloud services, best-of-breed technologies, and external teams to augment our capabilities with sufficient capacity. This means that in addition to being a great technologist and individual contributor, an ideal candidate will need to be able to review and collaborate with others - both internal and external - to ensure that we are collectively able to deliver.
As a company, Lineage builds state-of-the-art systems to make our employees productive, to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations, to assist in our growth, and to create an operating platform that enables Lineage to achieve its vision of transforming the food supply chain. This is a critical role in that journey, and it will require someone who has a true passion for application design, implementation, and operational efficiency.
Responsibilities of the Technology Architect:
- Determine detailed architectural design for supply chain software and supporting technologies
- Design and support the implementation of APIs (especially RESTful ones) for use by both internal and external systems
- Implement detailed monitoring and operational visibility of new and existing applications to improve availability, scalability, and supportability – improving the “Ops” side of “DevOps”
- Contribute to the creation, maintenance, and access of the organization’s data assets with an emphasis on reporting-related workloads
- Investigate and resolve technical support escalations involving serious systems issues (e.g. production downtime and severe bugs)
- Collaborate with others to solve complex problems and resolve technological disagreement with informed, rational, practical solutions
- Mentor and provide guidance especially to other technical resources
- Work with both internal and external teams across a variety of geographies
Required Qualifications of the Technology Architect:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, software engineering, or IT management and/or >6 years of relevant work experience
- 5+ years of direct software development experience with at least 2 years spent designing and implementing APIs
- Demonstrable knowledge of API development and application support tools - everything from Postman to New Relic
- Strong knowledge of software design and implementation tools and technologies
- Ability to handle multiple assignments/projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to explain technical concepts to business leaders
Preferred Qualifications of the Technology Architect:
- Having knowledge of supply chain concepts and associated technologies including WMS, TMS, YMS, and related systems is preferred
About the Team
At Lineage, we have a shared purpose: We are transforming the food supply chain to eliminate waste and help feed the world. Lineage Logistics is the industry’s leading innovator in temperature-controlled supply chain and logistics. Lineage’s expertise in end-to-end logistical solutions, its unrivaled real estate network, and its use of technology combine to promote food safety, increase distribution efficiency, advance sustainability, lessen environmental impact, and minimize supply chain waste. As a result, Lineage helps customers ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small family-owned businesses increase the efficiency and protect the integrity of their temperature-controlled supply chain. In pursuit of this shared purpose we are working to build a world class IT team.
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.