|Job Title||Senior Manager, Logistics|
Please note: our interview process is designed to comply with CDC recommendations. Your safety is of the utmost importance to us
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our Logistics team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
Lineage Logistics is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Logistics to join the team. As the Senior Manager, Logistics, you will be responsible for leading a team of logistics supervisors in the day to day transportation management and customer service for less than truckload and truckload temperature control shipments across North America. Additionally, the Senior Manager, Logistics is also responsible for operational performance and financial metrics, as well as supporting integration of new customers in pursuit of aggressive growth targets.
Responsibilities of the Senior Manager, Logistics:
- Lead a team of 4-5 supervisor with regional transportation responsibilities
- Develop staffing planning to support coverage 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Create and manage transportation operations productivity metrics to ensure efficiency in operations
- Support and monitor supervisors in the planning and coordination of multiple orders across several customers and locations daily
- Ensure compliance and completion of end to end transportation management process flow from order planning, tendering, track and trace and exception management
- Lead decision making on carrier alternatives and ensure freight is tendered based on cost and service requirements
- Lead interface with customer base to facilitate escalated problem resolution and improvement opportunities
- Manage carrier performance and recommend routing changes
- Manage internal and customer metrics and continuous improvement opportunities
- Work with cross-functional teams in sales, carrier management, engineering and warehouse operations to provide customer service, achieve growth targets and support continuous improvement efforts
- Ensure associate actions maximize profit margins while meeting customer requirements
- Lead creation, development and audit of standardized work instructions
- Support development and prioritization of employee training and development
- Establish performance objectives and review regularly with associates
- Support budget development and manage performance to budget
- Support Director of Logistics with key projects and initiatives
Required Qualifications of the Senior Manager, Logistics:
- 3+ years’ experience in a shipper or transportation day to day shipment execution environment utilizing transportation management systems
- Ability to perform analytical carrier/shipment trade off evaluations
- Ability to multi-task across multiple activities, priorities and projects
- Excellent customer service, communication and leadership skills
- P&L Management experience
- Well versed in Microsoft office suite of products
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.