|Job Title||Logistics Engineer*|
|Location||Novi,MI*||*Position is based out of Novi,MI|
Please note: our interview process is designed to comply with CDC recommendations. Your safety is of the utmost importance to us.
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our Operations team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
We are currently seeking a Logistics Engineer to join the team. As our Logistics Engineer, you will develop and manage monthly and weekly reporting/analysis of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for further opportunity identification. This opportunity will be part of a fast-paced engineering team supporting our Freight Management team with efficient route designs in the refrigerated supply chain environment. Additionally, you will include intense data analysis and continuous improvement efforts using Lean methodologies and tools to identify waste in our supply chain.
Responsibilities of the Logistics Engineer:
- Perform benchmarking and costs savings analysis, specifically with carrier rates and RFQ results
- Support new business pursuits with analytical pricing, design and cost benefit studies
- In-depth data analysis utilizing data from our TMS system and SQL server data warehouse including detailed analysis of costs along with opportunity identification and implementation
- Analyze contribution margin for existing customers utilizing consolidation programs
- Support internal/customer metrics and continuous improvement opportunities
- Ensure usage of TMS is optimized to support operations requirements
- Interface with customer bases to facilitate problem resolution and improvement opportunities
- Develop models to support compliance to optimization and continuous improvement
- Partner with operations team to ensure customer requirements are met/exceeded
- Manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Operationalize and automate route designs and consolidations across the North America network utilizing our TMS software tools supporting our centralized freight management team
Required Qualifications of the Logistics Engineer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, or similar. Will consider equivalent years of experience or combination of education and experience in lieu of degree
- 1+ years of experience in Third Party Logistics (3PL) or similar transportation industry utilizing transportation optimization tools and background in performing analytical support for transportation and supply chain operations
- Experience in the performance of analytical support for transportation and supply chain operations
- Experience with Transportation Management Software (TMS). examples would include i2, Manugistics, JDA/Red Prairie, Manhattan TMS, Lean Logistics LeanTMS, BluJay Solutions TMS, SAP TM, Oracle or MercuryGate
- Well versed in Microsoft office suite of products, including advanced experience with Excel
About the Team
At Lineage, we have a shared purpose: We are transforming the food supply chain to eliminate waste and help feed the world. Lineage Logistics is the industry’s leading innovator in temperature-controlled supply chain and logistics. Lineage’s expertise in end-to-end logistical solutions, its unrivaled real estate network, and its use of technology combine to promote food safety, increase distribution efficiency, advance sustainability, lessen environmental impact, and minimize supply chain waste. As a result, Lineage helps customers ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small family-owned businesses increase the efficiency and protect the integrity of their temperature-controlled supply chain. In pursuit of this shared purpose we are working to build a world class Operations team.
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.