|Job Title||Material Handling Equipment (MHE) Lead Mechanic|
|Location||Mira Loma, CA|
Please note: our interview process is designed to comply with CDC recommendations. Your safety is of the utmost importance to us.
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our Maintenance team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
As our Lead MHE Mechanic, you will maintain, inspect, and repair various types of industrial Material Handling Equipment (MHE). Additionally, our Lead MHE Mechanic will perform preventative and predictive maintenance, verify that all equipment is operating within the manufacturer’s specifications and tolerances through preventive maintenance, and perform periodic testing and inspections.
Responsibilities of the Lead MHE Mechanic:
- Perform Planned Maintenance to MHE such as but not limited to deep reach forklifts, single plate jacks, double pallet jack, order pickers and dock forklifts
- Lead and direct (2) MHE Mechanics on their daily repair tasks
- Prioritize daily MHE repairs and report status to the operations team
- Lead MHE communication through daily shift pass down, verbal and written as required
- Lead MHE PM program through daily and weekly communication with other departments
- Act as the main point of liaison between maintenance and other facilities departments such as operations and inventory
- Arise MHE issues to direct supervisor in a timely manner
- Oversee and maintain the accuracy of the facilities battery inventory
- Conduct PM and minor repairs on battery chargers
- Troubleshoot and repair deep reach forklifts, single plate jacks, double pallet jack, order pickers and dock forklifts
- Assist maintenance, inspection, and repairs on other industrial equipment and building infrastructure as needed
- Assist in training other mechanics
- Inspect, monitor and understand facilities Fire safety system
- Perform basic troubleshooting and repairs to facilities fire safety system ensuring employees safety
- Basic Electrical Troubleshooting and repairs DC 48V, 36V and 24V
- Remove and install motors DC Motors
- Act as the main point of liaison for MHE equipment service contractor
- Oversee MHE equipment service contractor work
- Drive and lead MHE stock parts inventory
- Order parts through a computerized purchasing system
- Install, repair, and replace an electrical component, such as contactors, fuses, relays, light fixtures, among others
- Troubleshoot replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, etc.
- Operate cutting torch and welding equipment
- Operate basic power tools
- Assist repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment, including but not limited to basic concrete repairs to floors curbs, and walls
- Interpret and understand basic blueprints, schematics, electrical diagrams, industrial equipment OEM drawings, and P&IDs
- Provide monitoring coverage of the refrigeration system
- Drive maintenance shop order and cleanliness
- Actively participates in maintaining cleanliness and order in the maintenance areas, engine room and other work stations
- Assist other facilities maintenance items as needed
Required Qualifications of the Lead MHE Mechanic:
- Completed High School diploma or GED
- 10+ years’ maintenance experience on Material Handling Equipment (MHE) such as but not limited to deep reach forklifts, single plate jacks, double pallet jack, order pickers, and dock forklifts
- Previous leadership experience
- Raymond or Crown forklift maintenance experience
- General knowledge of various types of mechanical equipment
- Ability to maintain, clean, lubricate and replace shafts, bearings, gears, springs, and other parts of existing machinery and equipment
- Understanding of hydraulics
- Able to successfully complete emergency response training
- Effective communication skills and strong team player
- Willingness to work flexible hours and shifts, as well as the ability to respond to after-hour emergencies
Preferred Qualifications of the Lead MHE Mechanic:
- Interest and ability to learn and understand industrial refrigeration
- Single and 3 phase AC motors
- Fast-paced industrial machinery and cold storage work environment
- Warehouse bays are kept at 32 degrees (and below zero in certain areas)
- Ability to withstand cold storage temperatures for extended periods of time (warm gear provided by company)
- Noise level varies at times and it can be loud
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.