|Job Title||Automation Technology Project Manager*|
|Location||Novi,MI*||*Position is based out of Novi,MI|
Please note: our interview process is designed to comply with CDC recommendations. Your safety is of the utmost importance to us
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our IT team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
Lineage Logistics is currently seeking an Automation Technology Project Manager to join the team. As our Automation Technology Project Manager, you will be responsible for the successful implementation of large, complex technology builds and associated initial usage at our state-of-the art automated warehouses. The role primarily involves the coordination of technical resources across multiple teams working concurrently on multiple projects in different states of completion.
As a company, Lineage builds state-of-the-art systems to make our employees productive, to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations, to assist in our growth, and to create an operating platform that enables Lineage to achieve its vision of transforming the food supply chain. This is one of the most critical roles in that journey, and it will require someone who has a true passion for technology project management.
Responsibilities of the Automation Technology Project Manager:
- Ensure overall alignment including communication both inside and outside the team, dependency identification and resolution, setting proper priority and order for work, and milestone establishment and tracking
- Manage the technology aspects of Lineage’s next generation automation projects by facilitating the implementation of warehouses that integrate multiple systems (both self-developed and purchased) to automate cranes, carts, conveyors and [eventually] self-driving material handling equipment
- Oversee large technical projects and/or programs (i.e. involving 30+ resources) by establishing relationships and integrating requirement definition, project planning, and resource direction to meet corporate objectives in conjunction with the enterprise project portfolio
- Partner with project sponsors, project teams, other project managers, and - most importantly - technical resources to help evaluate requirements and to develop and implement approaches and solution alternatives
- Integrate inputs and schedules from multiple sources to create a cohesive plan with an identifiable critical path, task dependencies, and major milestones, and manages the agreed project plans and schedules ensuring successful completion within scope, budget, time, and quality parameters
- Coordinate activity and deliverables with external vendors/suppliers to ensure overall project success
- Adapt project plans, schedules, and resource assignments as required throughout projects to respond to emerging requirements and risks
- Communicate overall project status including milestones, adherence to project deadlines, and relevant risks to teams, stakeholders, and management
- Develop project charter/scope document and manage the programs or projects and their life cycles through the creation, collection, and maintenance of project documentation
- Identify and estimate project scope and deliverables
- Mentor teams on best practices, process improvement, and project management skills
- Travel frequently domestically and occasionally internationally to coordinate on-site events, meet with team members, etc.
Required Qualifications of the Automation Technology Project Manager:
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, information systems, IT management, or business administration and/or 3+ years equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience as a project manager with experience building / implementing application software
- Experience managing projects with budgets in excess of $5MM
Preferred Qualifications of the Automation Technology Project Manager:
- Experience in Supply Chain Management and/or Contract Logistics - especially warehousing
About the Team
At Lineage, the aim is not to build the largest IT group; instead we are creating a small, highly-skilled team that focuses on having right mix of talents, skills, and the capacity to learn in areas that define our core differentiation. We then leverage cloud services, best-of-breed technologies, and external teams to augment our capabilities with sufficient capacity. This means that in addition to being a great project manager, an ideal candidate will need to be able to review and collaborate with others - both internal and external - to ensure that we are collectively able to deliver.
At Lineage, we have a shared purpose: We are transforming the food supply chain to eliminate waste and help feed the world. Lineage Logistics is the industry’s leading innovator in temperature-controlled supply chain and logistics. Lineage’s expertise in end-to-end logistical solutions, its unrivaled real estate network, and its use of technology combine to promote food safety, increase distribution efficiency, advance sustainability, lessen environmental impact, and minimize supply chain waste. As a result, Lineage helps customers ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small family-owned businesses increase the efficiency and protect the integrity of their temperature-controlled supply chain. In pursuit of this shared purpose we are working to build a world class IT team.
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.