|Job Title||Senior Analyst, Financial Reporting and Analysis*|
|Location||Novi,MI*||*Position is based out of Novi,MI|
Please note: our interview process is designed to comply with CDC recommendations. Your safety is of the utmost importance to us.
Senior Analyst, Financial Reporting and Analysis
As the Senior Analyst, Financial Reporting and Analysis you will be responsible for the preparation, analysis, and review of the internal and external financial reporting of actuals. This role will act as a key control in ensuring in the accuracy and completeness of the company’s financial statements.
Ideal candidates possess in-depth training in accounting or finance combined with strong technical skills. This role requires a high degree of logical thinking, research, communication and multi-tasking. Manages data and assesses variances to ensure accuracy, identify opportunities, and advise management on potential risk. The right person must be comfortable using technical skills to extract data, prepare financial statements, and analyze/explain period over period variances.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and develop company’s external consolidated financial statements
- Create and build out internal financial statement reporting packages to be used as the company’s key control associated with the reporting of actuals
- Assist in the monthly actuals reporting processes including variance analysis and explanations
- Report and analyze financial results via data analysis, including key trends, and variance analysis
- Work and assist with the various Accounting functions to drive process improvements, implement accounting policies, and ensure in complete and accurate financials
- Work closely with Accounting and Field Finance teams on month end related activities
- Review and analyze the company’s inter/intra company balances and transactions
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting tools
- Support merger and acquisition analysis and integration as necessary
- Develop strong relationships based on mutual trust and respect with operating leaders at all levels
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES):
- Bachelor’s or Masters in Accounting or Finance
- 2-5 years of progressive industry experience
- Strong analytical (quantitative as well as qualitative) skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Self-motivated, detail oriented with exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow
- Possesses excellent communication and presentation skills
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service support.
- Ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish work.
- Prior experience in warehousing and/or logistics/transportation industry a plus
- Familiarity with Workday and Adaptive Insights experience
- CPA license
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.