|Job Title||Fleet and Compliance Manager*|
|Location||Anywhere,MI*||*Position is based out of Anywhere,MI|
Please note: our interview process is designed to comply with CDC recommendations. Your safety is of the utmost importance to us
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our Transportation team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
As the Fleet & Compliance Manager, you will manage the fleet safety and compliance programs for all Lineage company drivers and owner operators in the network, working in diverse markets across North America. You will oversee all Hours of Service (HOS) (XRS) log compliance, Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR), Driver incidents, Department of Transportation (DOT) compliance, Driver D&Q files, hiring of new drivers as well as online safety programs and onsite driver meetings. In this role, you will also coordinate various fleet activity, measure performance by regular monitoring of the SMS scores for the feet and maintain maintenance and cost for equipment.
Responsibilities of the Fleet & Compliance Manager:
- Facilitate the DOT Compliance and Driver safety programs for existing and new company drivers and owner operators and ensure the online safety program is current
- Ensure maintenance programs meet the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) inspections, Biennial Inspection of Terminals (BIT) inspections (CA) and are compliant with PM’s
- Verify that all truck documents and overweight permits are current and up to date
- Utilize Safety & Compliance modules, as well as HOS e-log system to monitor and track driver compliance
- Contribute to the development of sustainable cost-effective solutions that leverage inbound and outbound volume, systems, and partnerships
- Participate in the creation and implementation of transportation capacity strategies that include contingency plans to support varying levels of company sales and changes to supply/demand patterns, including market/capacity-driven price fluctuations
- Follow existing processes and procedures to ensure daily execution of transportation policies, operating standards, and service level agreements
- Assist in the development and support the use of key performance indicators (KPIs), metrics, and periodic reporting to help drive execution and process uniformity and compliance across all regions, customers, and transportation providers
- Adhere to existing logistics processes and apply both industry and organizational best practices
Required Qualifications of the Fleet & Compliance Manager:
- 10+ years of experience or equivalent in Safety/DOT Compliance
- 5+ years of experience as a Safety Manager or similar function
- Experience with regulatory compliance and HOS software packages (ex. RAIR, Omnitracks preferred)
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, and implementation and facilitation skills
Preferred Qualifications of the Fleet & Compliance Manager:
- Bachelor's degree in Safety/Compliance, Business or Supply Chain/Logistics discipline preferred
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role leads to greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you challenged and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and fun. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage Logistics offers comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off and more.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.