|Job Title||Sales Manager|
Explore a job with Lineage Logistics that is entrepreneurial – be a business owner without the capital. As a Sales Manager with uncapped bonus potential, you are partnering with and peers to the General Manager of the facilities that you are supporting, running the business and maximizing profitability.
You will be joining a greater team of 75 people that make up our global and local sales organization which is the biggest team in the industry by far. Lineage is the largest refrigerated-storage company in the world, with more than 1.7 billion cubic feet of capacity and growing.
You will utilize your interpersonal customer service skills, where you will lead and execute delivery to the customers by partnering with Operations rather than handing it off. Culture is key in this role; you will wake up each day with a high-performance infrastructure around you – we want to invest in those with a winning attitude and collaborative approach.
This Sales Manager will have regional responsibility for eight (8) locations in Eastern Washington and Idaho.
Responsibilities of the Sales Manager:
- Partner with the site General Manager to develop local market commercial strategies and business plans to meet sales and capacity goals and profitability targets
- Work with the General Manager of the assigned site(s) to meet revenue and profit objectives; co-own P&L
- Partner with the General Manager and functional team to drive continuous operational improvement
- Demonstrate intense customer focus for both local and Global accounts; build local customer relationships
- Select, train, develop, lead and motivate customer service team to provide superior customer service
- Ensure timely collection of accounts receivable
- Devise targeted action plans to generate new sales leads and prospects within the market
- Create and deliver compelling proposal presentations and RFP (rate quote) responses that identify and resolve prospective client’s business challenges
- Gain deep knowledge of the entire suite of company’s service offerings and utilize it to maximize sales opportunities during customer solutioning
- Team sell entire Lineage network and suite of services with other Sales Managers and Global Account team
- Maintain KPI’s and reports to provide sales performance updates to Senior Management
- Develop and maintain accurate records of all pricing, sales and activity reports to achieve maximum profit margin
- Manage budget and control expenses to ensure compliance with targets and guidelines
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics, and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team
Required Qualifications of the Sales Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of experience in sales and/or sales management
- Previous experience prospecting, selling and closing new business
- Previous experience in all aspects of Supplier Relationship Management
Preferred Qualifications of the Sales Manager:
- Previous food logistics experience, industry knowledge and established client relationships
- If not food, general logistics experience
- Previous port-based and import/export experience
- Experience with CRM tools (i.e. Salesforce, Zoho CRM, Hubspot)
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.