|Job Title||Office Manager|
|Location||Norfolk, VA - Hampton|
Please note: our interview process is designed to comply with CDC recommendations. Your safety is of the utmost importance to us
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our Operations team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
As the Office Manager, you will oversee multi-shift warehouse operations as well as a variety of general office and customer service activities. Additionally, you will directly supervise several employees in the Administrative Department and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities of the Office Manager:
- Train and supervise customer service staff including maintaining personnel records, delegating and supervising work, maintaining employee performance logs and appraising performance, disciplining and resolving problems, implementing policies and procedures, etc.
- Solve day-to-day customer service problems (i.e. data entry errors, customer complaints, and questions, etc.)
- Work with Operations Manager to ensure paperwork is flowing to (and received from) the warehouse in a timely manner
- Work with Shipping & Receiving clerical staff for efficient operation and flow
- Manage accounts receivable by following up with customers on outstanding payments
- Maximize office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications and procedures such as Dayforce and Workday
- Research and develop resources that create a timely and efficient workflow
- Formulate procedure for systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records
- Plan and develop office budget as well as initiate cost reduction programs
- Review clerical and personnel records to ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness
- Coordinate activities with operations to ensure customer needs are met such as on-time turn times for trucks, accurate receipt, and shipment of goods, etc.
- Maintain contact with customers and assist in solving customer issues
- Prepare and coordinate necessary government documents for shipping and receiving products
- Adhere to a flexible schedule and provide conflict resolution across multiple shifts
- Facilitate a team environment and motivate others
- Ensure established service standards, importing and exporting processes are followed
Required Qualifications of the Office Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of office management experience in a fast-paced and high-volume environment
- Experience working in a warehouse, distribution center or industrial setting
- Knowledge of shipping & receiving processes and warehouse operations
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team to ensure overall success
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret company policies, procedures, and agreements
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and change direction mid-stream
- Strong leadership, supervisory, time management and delegation skills
Preferred Qualifications of the Office Manager:
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Knowledge of accounting principles and experience with billing processes, including scheduling, tracking and submitting orders, and invoicing
- Previous experience in a food distribution center or similar environment
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.