|Job Title||Transportation Manager*|
|Location||Conklin,NY*||*Position is based out of Conklin,NY|
Please note: our interview process is designed to comply with CDC recommendations. Your safety is of the utmost importance to us.
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our Warehouse team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
As our Transportation Manager, you will be responsible for scheduling drivers, directing distribution activities, coordinating deliveries and backhauls, fleet repairs and replacements, resolving issues, and ensuring compliance. Additionally, our Transportation Manager will oversee a team of Drivers, Dispatchers, and the Transportation Supervisor.
Responsibilities of the Transportation Manager:
- Manage drivers including reviewing performance and C&C, ensuring timely and efficient deliveries, and cost effective backhauls
- Develop and maintain driver's daily work schedule
- Oversee delivery drivers and resolve delivery complaints
- Collaborate with customer service and sales representatives to ensure high levels of productivity and service
- Research the most cost productive routes for deliveries
- Monitor overtime compared to routes
- Monitor Driver ELD reports
- Ensure compliance with budgetary needs
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Manage department personnel including but not limited to: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints as well as resolving problems
- Monitor compliance and safety to reduce losses due to violations, shortage, or damage
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications of the Transportation Manager:
- Completed High School diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience in transportation management with at least 2 years of experience in a supervisory capacity
- Strong understanding of effective routing and transportation cost savings measures
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite as well as routing and scheduling software
- Knowledge of driver safety and DOT compliance requirements
Preferred Qualifications of the Transportation Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Transportation or Warehousing experience in the Food industry
- Cold storage warehouse with temperatures between -10 and 34 degrees
- Appropriate work gear will be provided
- Warehouse bays are kept at 32 degrees (and below zero in certain areas)
- Ability to withstand cold storage temperatures for extended periods of time (warm gear provided by company)
- Noise level varies at times and it can be loud
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.