|Job Title||Director, Audit & Risk|
Please note: our interview process is designed to comply with CDC recommendations. Your safety is of the utmost importance to us
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our Finance team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
We’re currently seeking a Director, Audit & Risk to join the team. As our Director, Audit & Risk, you will provide guidance and advice on governance, risk management and internal control for the North America Region. You will partner key Stakeholders to reduce risk and strengthen the controls environment. You will focus on Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) compliance in the North America region, REIT due diligence associated with mergers and acquisitions (M&A), and the REIT compliant integration of effective acquisitions.
Additionally, you will also lead North America Region efforts to comply with US Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements including an assessment of the current control environment and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure future compliance. You will be responsible for the development of a North America Region internal audit program to ensure compliance with all Lineage policies and procedures.
Responsibilities of the Director, Audit & Risk:
- Set vision and strategy and partner with key stakeholders to embed in the culture
- Establish the risk management charter
- Work with Department Leads for the Country/ Region to establish departmental risk registers and risk dashboards, monitor and report on risk reduction efforts, and share insights with Country/Regional Risk Committees (other markets) to cultivate consistency, uplift maturity, and capability
- Participate in Chair Risk Committee meetings periodically with key stakeholders
- Establish and administer SOX Compliance Program for the Country/Region
- Work with process owners for the Country/Region to process map key processes, identify key risks and controls, assess design and operating effectiveness of key controls, and facilitate periodic certification of key controls
- Review test results periodically (self-certification vs. independent testing)
- Undertake root cause analysis and agree remediation plans for identified gaps
- Present SOX results for Country/Region to Group SOX Committee periodically
- Establish the Internal Audit charter
- Establish Site Audit program and complete assurance activity
- Complete other assurance activity (SOX independent testing, Corporate audits, project health checks, etc.)
- Document findings, undertake root cause analysis and agree remediation plans with owners
- Partner with Human Resources and Legal for the Country/Region to manage the Whistleblowers’ Program and participate and/or lead completion of investigations
- Work with Project Teams to complete risks assessments on key projects and embed project risk management fundamentals into the culture
- Establish and implement the due diligence program
Required Qualifications of the Director, Audit & Risk:
- Bachelors’ degree in accounting or related field
- 10+ years of experience with large multinational organizations in senior assurance roles
- Sound knowledge of applicable laws (Corporations Act 2001, SOX Act 2002, International Accounting Standards, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of enterprise risk management and internal control standards
- Ability to analyze and develop management risk reporting to include risk aggregation, trending, outlier involving both qualitative and quantitative data
- Thorough understanding of SOX compliance including experience with a publicly listed company
- Deep understanding of the Internal Audit lifecycle including completion of complex reviews
- Demonstrated ability to complete investigations
- Sound understanding and application of project risk management fundamentals
- Ability to undertake extensive due diligence on mergers and acquisitions to reduce risk and strengthen controls environment
- Ability to work well cross functionally with multiple departments (e.g., tax, accounting, legal, finance, IT, etc.) and with external legal, accounting, etc.
- Excellent executive presence and communication skills with the ability to succinctly describe complex problems and associated legal requirements in a way that makes sense to other Lineage professionals
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications of the Director, Audit & Risk:
- Master’s degree
- Membership of a relevant professional body (CA, CPA, Juris Doctor, etc.
- Understanding of Information Technology General and Application Controls
About the Team
At Lineage, we have a shared purpose: We are transforming the food supply chain to eliminate waste and help feed the world. Lineage Logistics is the industry’s leading innovator in temperature-controlled supply chain and logistics. Lineage’s expertise in end-to-end logistical solutions, its unrivaled real estate network, and its use of technology combine to promote food safety, increase distribution efficiency, advance sustainability, lessen environmental impact, and minimize supply chain waste. As a result, Lineage helps customers ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small family-owned businesses increase the efficiency and protect the integrity of their temperature-controlled supply chain. In pursuit of this shared purpose we are working to develop a world class Finance team.
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.