|Job Title||IT Release Manager|
Please note: our interview process is designed to comply with CDC recommendations. Your safety is of the utmost importance to us
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success.
Lineage Logistics is currently seeking an IT Release Manager to join the team! As our IT Release Manager, you will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the business for multiple applications across various portfolios and platforms. This includes implementing and managing release processes for the progression of code and infrastructure configuration changes in the development, test, and production environments. Our IT Release Manager will also need to coordinate test environments readiness, maintenance and utilization used by software development teams.
Responsibilities of the IT Release Manager:
- Maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across internal business and clients
- Be part of the scrum ceremonies to understand and plan future releases
- Develop common strategies for release governance across multiple tracks/vendors
- Facilitate cross-teams/vendors/department coordination of release management functions spread across multiple geographies
- Communicate with product, external, internal teams and end users about the release schedules, release status, activity progress and issues encountered throughout the duration of release activities
- Lead and coordinate the go-live activities including the implementation of the deployment plans
- Shepherd change requests through change management process and support the CAB process
- Escalate to request the approval to proceed in the event that a deviation to the plan or change window is occurring
- Perform Release Management assessment and ensure implementation of the Release Management plan
- Record and manage deviations, risks, and issues during the release process and take necessary corrective action
- Help troubleshoot and coordinate activities to resolve incidents and issues in non-prod and prod regions
- Lead release-level retrospectives to drive improvements across delivery and deployment
- Work with DevOps team to coordinate and deploy the builds, and work with the QA team to smoke test the build
- Support the Agile Delivery Manager as needed
Required qualifications of the IT Release Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Business Administration and/or 10+ years of equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Release Management experience
- 3+ years of Release Engineering/Configuration Management or Change Control experience
- Thorough understanding of Change Management processes
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools & framework
- Knowledge of ITIL standards and best practices
- Detailed knowledge JIRA, Confluence, Portfolio and other agile tools
- Proven ability to manage multiple concurrent (staggered) releases
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a dynamic environment
Preferred qualifications of the IT Release Manager:
- Certified SAFe® Release Train Engineer and/or Certified ScrumMaster
About the Team
At Lineage, we have a shared purpose: We are transforming the food supply chain to eliminate waste and help feed the world. Lineage Logistics is the industry’s leading innovator in temperature-controlled supply chain and logistics. Lineage’s expertise in end-to-end logistical solutions, its unrivaled real estate network, and its use of technology combine to promote food safety, increase distribution efficiency, advance sustainability, lessen environmental impact, and minimize supply chain waste. As a result, Lineage helps customers ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small family-owned businesses increase the efficiency and protect the integrity of their temperature-controlled supply chain. In pursuit of this shared purpose we are working to build a world class IT team.
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.