|Job Title||Manager, Quality Assurance|
Please note: our interview process is designed to comply with CDC recommendations. Your safety is of the utmost importance to us
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our Operations team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
We’re currently seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to join the team. As the Quality Assurance Manager, you will be responsible for administering the Lineage Safety Program to ensure our team members are working in a safe, controlled and risk-free environment. Additionally, you will implement safety programs at the facility level that drives and fosters a culture that has Safe as our #1 value.
Responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Manager:
- Apply and enforce safe practices with all employees as outlined in the Lineage Safety Program
- Oversee day-to-day work activities regarding administering the food safety and customer compliance program
- Supervise the facility Custodial staff
- Oversee the USDA meat import and export program
- Conduct meetings and training sessions related to regulatory and food safety policies and procedures as well as address any food safety and/or quality issues.
- Conduct and administer periodic evaluations for team members
- Conduct new hire food safety orientations to ensure all employees have a good understanding of food safety practices and policies within the facilities
- Work with the leadership team to prepare for SQF, regulatory and Lineage SIS audits
- Audit procedures and processes to ensure they are followed in accordance to company standards
- Maintain and file proper paperwork including food safety logs, binders, training and other record keeping systems
- Conduct inventory audits of warehouse sanitation supplies and related materials as well as notify operations of any deficits needed
- Work with internal and external customers on the food safety and compliance program and with daily operations to resolve issues within the facility and with the customer
- Attend department meetings and training sessions related to the operational support of the facility
- Conduct accident investigations as needed and follow-up with all parties involved to ensure that safety policies are followed and understood
- Comply with OSHA, VDACS, FDA, USDA and Lineage Logistics Policies and administer accordingly
- Maintain postings and other food safety-related materials when available and provide guidance to team members on the material
Required Qualifications of the Quality Assurance Manager:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of safety experience in a logistics, industrial, or related setting
- Previous experience with safety rules/policies, OSHA administration, Worker’s Compensation administration, etc.
- Previous experience operating a pallet jack and/or forklift
Preferred Qualifications of the Quality Assurance Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related field
- Previous supervisory experience
- Safety certifications such as SQF and/or HACCP
- Fast paced industrial machinery and cold storage work environment
- Warehouse bays are kept at 32 degrees (and below zero in certain areas)
- Ability to withstand cold storage temperatures for extended periods of time (warm gear provided by company)
- Noise level varies at times and it can be loud
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role leads to greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you challenged and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and fun. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.