|Job Title||Data Engineer*|
|Location||Novi,MI*||*Position is based out of Novi,MI|
Please note: our interview process is designed to comply with CDC recommendations. Your safety is of the utmost importance to us
Lineage Logistics is currently seeking a Data Engineer to join the team. As our Data Engineer, you will be responsible for the ongoing quality, completeness, and performance of key data assets that store and surface data for use cases both inside and outside the organization. As the world’s largest temperature-controlled logistics organization, our supply chain data - especially the data collected from our warehouse and transportation operations - provides the foundation upon which we deliver our services and is critical to both our effectiveness and our sustained leadership position in the industry. This hands-on position requires excellent technical skills including deep knowledge of SQL and associated query tuning, experience with ETL tools and approaches, and comfort with code management.
At Lineage, the aim is not to build the largest IT group; instead we are creating a small, highly skilled team that focuses on having right mix of talents, skills, and the capacity to learn in areas that define our core differentiation. We leverage cloud services, best-of-breed technologies, and external teams to augment our capabilities with sufficient capacity. This means that in addition to being a great technologist and individual contributor, an ideal candidate will need to be able to review and collaborate with others - both internal and external - to ensure that we are collectively able to deliver.
As a company, Lineage builds state-of-the-art systems to make our employees productive, to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations, to assist in our growth, and to create an operating platform that enables Lineage to achieve its vision of transforming the food supply chain. This is a critical role in that journey, and it will require someone who has a true passion for data and associated technologies.
Responsibilities of the Data Engineer:
- Assist with the creation, modification, and tuning of queries against enterprise data assets including a Cloudera-based data lake and a RDBMS-based operational data store
- Support the automation of data quality checks and seek to investigate and resolve related issues by debugging all aspects of the data pipeline and correcting problematic data
- Ensure key data assets are accurate, comprehensive, and available
- Validate changes to data pipelines including supporting the code promotion flow from non-production to production environments
- Review the work of data wrangling and ETL resources to ensure accuracy, completeness, and performance
- Document data assets to facilitate ongoing development, end user reporting, etc.
- Collaborate with others to solve complex problems and resolve technological disagreements with informed, rational, practical solutions
- Mentor and provide guidance especially to other technical resources
Required qualifications of the Data Engineer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or IT Management and/or 6+ years of relevant work experience
- 4+ years of direct data management experience including at least 2 years spent implementing and supporting data pipelines
- Demonstrable knowledge of common database, data lake, and business intelligence technologies - e.g. PostgreSQL, Cloudera, and Jaspersoft
- Thorough knowledge of data technologies and techniques
- Ability to handle multiple assignments/projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to explain technical concepts to business leaders
Preferred qualifications of the Data Engineer:
- Prior software development experience
- Knowledge of supply chain concepts and associated technologies including WMS, TMS, YMS, and related system
About the Team
At Lineage, we have a shared purpose: We are transforming the food supply chain to eliminate waste and help feed the world. Lineage Logistics is the industry’s leading innovator in temperature-controlled supply chain and logistics. Lineage’s expertise in end-to-end logistical solutions, its unrivaled real estate network, and its use of technology combine to promote food safety, increase distribution efficiency, advance sustainability, lessen environmental impact, and minimize supply chain waste. As a result, Lineage helps customers ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small family-owned businesses increase the efficiency and protect the integrity of their temperature-controlled supply chain. In pursuit of this shared purpose we are working to build a world class IT team.
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage Logistics offers comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off and more. Join a team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.