|Job Title||CDL B Driver*|
|Location||Savage,MD*||*Position is based out of Savage,MD|
Lineage Foodservice Solutions (LFS) is a new division of Lineage Logistics, the world's largest temperature-controlled logistics company.
Please note: our interview process is designed to comply with CDC recommendations. Your safety is of the utmost importance to us.
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company's success. Join our team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
We are ever-growing and as a result, we are looking for new talent to join our team of exceptional drivers. If driving clean, state-of-the-art vehicles equipped with leading-edge technology, benefits that start on day one, and uniforms provided at no cost, (just to name a few) are what you are looking for, then we want to hear from you!
- Operate tractor trailers safely and efficiently to maximize miles per gallon.
- Comply with DOT regulations and regularly utilize on-board computers to manage DOT log requirements.
- Use a hand cart to unload product from the back of the truck into customer locations.
- Pick up backhauls as directed.
- Remove product from trucks and deliver to customer at their desired location (i.e. freezer, cooler).
- Interact with customers to resolve delivery issues.
- Maintain positive customer relations at all times.
- Operate a handheld scanning device to confirm order accuracy.
- Complete necessary paperwork for customer billing.
- Enter information into vehicles ELD computer.
- Occasionally enter assigned locations during off hours to deliver product by following outlined security procedures.
- Maintain an accident free delivery.
- Clean out vehicles at the end of route.
- Perform proper pre and post-trip inspection and write up any defects or concerns on vehicle condition report.
- Review ELD report with Transportation Supervisor.
- Turn in monies from customers to the Driver Check-in Clerk (i.e. COD).
- Ensure safety, timeliness, and accuracy of all role requirements.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Evening dispatch with overnight deliveries
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to operate company vehicles in a variety of different weather conditions. Strong understanding of DOT requirements. Ability to review documentation and create accurate paperwork and data entry. Excellent customer service skills. Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, particularly verbally with customers. Ability to work independently.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma with a minimum of one (1) year of CDL-B driving or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid CDL-B license with ability to pass routine DOT physicals and drug and alcohol tests.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time with extensive bending/lifting of product up to 100 lbs. The driver must also reach, walk and climb in and out of vehicles. The employee performs duties in a truck as well as at various customer locations. The drivers will occasionally be exposed to fumes and vehicle engine noise, as well as kitchen areas at customers while making deliveries. Employee is required to travel and will be exposed to normal driving conditions.
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers' requirements. Beyond that, you'll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We'll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation's food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
Call Harold, our Driver Recruiter, to discuss the routes, delivery radius, hours, or any other questions you might have at 607-779-1538.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.