|Job Title||Senior Corporate Counsel *|
|Location||Novi,MI*||*Position is based out of Novi,MI|
Please note: our interview process is designed to comply with CDC recommendations. Your safety is of the utmost importance to us
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to Lineage’s success. Lineage’s footprint comprises over 1.4 billion cubic feet across over 300 facilities in 28 states and twelve countries, and includes approximately 15,000 employees. Lineage is seeking a Senior Corporate Counsel to join our existing nine-person Legal Department in supporting a company in high growth mode.
As the Senior Corporate Counsel, you will provide strategic leadership and legal advice for Lineage’s North America - East region, working closely with the region’s President of Operations and Senior Vice President of Sales, as well as regional VP and facility level leadership to develop processes, forms and procedures to support such business lines. As a stand out candidate, you’ll have excellent prior experience and demonstrated skills in drafting corporate documents, drafting and negotiating contracts, and reviewing and applying laws and regulations to compliance matters.
- Provide day to day legal support on all legal issues related to the region, including customer contracts and operations, regulatory compliance, construction, leasing, expansions, claims, disputes and vendor contracts
- Write and review vendor and customer contracts, legal documents, files and correspondence, and work with the business line to ensure that projects are completed on a timely basis
- Provide legal advice and guidance and application of legal principles to yield the greatest opportunities for minimizing risk and maximizing profits
- Provide first-chair in house legal support to Bay Grove and Lineage executive team in connection with documenting, negotiating, managing and closing sophisticated finance, M&A and real estate transactions
- Provide cross functional guidance on various strategic and departmental projects
- Provide legal advice in response to requests from various business lines
- Manage outside counsel for certain corporate, finance, litigation or real estate transactions
- Work collaboratively, proactively and responsively with a broad range of colleagues locally and internationally on a variety of legal and strategic projects, ensuring good relationships between legal, human resources, finance, IT, operations, and corporate departments of Lineage and its affiliates to facilitate a coordinated team approach
- Provide effective strategic leadership for specific projects, including coordinating and instructing third party advisors and colleagues from other Lineage functional groups
- Juris Doctor degree from a nationally recognized, accredited law school
- 5+ years of significant corporate or other transactional experience
- Ability to manage multiple competing requests and ensure that projects are completed on a timely basis
- Thorough understanding of contract law as well as general and state-specific corporate law
- Ability to translate legal complexities into terms readily understood by Management and line personnel
- Ability to create complex and imaginative legal solutions
- Excellent analytical, research and reasoning skills
About the Team
At Lineage, we have a shared purpose: we are transforming the food supply chain to eliminate waste and help feed the world. Lineage is the industry’s leading innovator in temperature-controlled supply chain and logistics. Lineage’s expertise in end-to-end logistical solutions, its unrivaled real estate network, and its use of technology combine to promote food safety, increase distribution efficiency, advance sustainability, lessen environmental impact, and minimize supply chain waste. As a result, Lineage helps customers ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small family-owned businesses increase the efficiency and protect the integrity of their temperature-controlled supply chain. In pursuit of this shared purpose we are working to build a world class Legal team.
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business.
Lineage provides competitive pay, excellent health and dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.