|Job Title||Senior Logistics Specialist|
Please note: our interview process is designed to comply with CDC recommendations. Your safety is of the utmost importance to us
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our Transportation team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
We’re currently seeking a Senior Logistics Specialist to join the team. As the Senior Logistics Specialist, you will be responsible for strategic day to day transportation planning/consolidation, load tender, execution, carrier and customer support for LTL and truckload temperature control shipments across North America as well as KPI reporting and continuous improvement projects supporting the growth and development of the Lineage transportation department.
Responsibilities of the Senior Logistics Specialist:
- Plan and coordinate multiple orders across several customers daily.
- Evaluate carrier alternatives and tender freight based on cost/service requirements.
- Set pick up/delivery appointments based on service and schedule requirements.
- Participate and occasionally lead departmental continuous improvement projects.
- Ensure carrier/customer cost accessorial are communicated timely.
- Works with engineering on developing and regularly reporting on customer and carrier KPIs.
- Monitor carrier performance and recommend routing changes as required.
- Partner with warehouse operations team to ensure customer requirements are met/exceeded and collaborate regularly with them to improve the customer experience.
- Make decisions that maximize profit margins while meeting customer requirements
- Understands and can report on overall financial performance for region
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications of the Logistics Specialist:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a shipper or transportation day to day shipment execution environment with previous experience using Transportation Management software.
- Ability to perform analytical carrier/shipment trade off evaluations, multi-task across multiple activities, well versed in Microsoft office suite of products, specifically excel.
- Customer focused with excellent communication skills, and highly motivated to succeed in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Supply Chain or related field
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role leads to greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you challenged and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and fun. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.