|Location||Charlotte,NC*||*Position is based out of Charlotte,NC|
About Lineage Logistics:
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Your Career Starts Here!
Lineage is currently searching for a Warehouse Supervisor to join our growing team!
As the Warehouse Supervisor you inspire excellence, pride and work ethic. You are a natural leader who people follow. In this energetic role, you will plan, assign, and direct the work within the warehouse. You directly supervise 15 to 25 team members in our warehouse operation and follow our daily work schedule to keep it on track. You will establish and practice a culture of safety at all times, ensuring employees understand how to perform their duties safely, effectively and efficiently. You gladly shoulder the responsibility of your Team's success. Your team members matter, and you invest in them by mentoring, instructing and training them to be successful at every level. Your mentoring builds the next line of Leaders within Lineage!
Working closely with Operations, Production, Maintenance and Quality managers on KPI improvements will require you to have strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, as well as strong problem solving abilities and basic math skills.
You thrive in our fast pace environment because of your sense of urgency, open door communication style and ability to generate new ideas. You also model respect, teamwork, a positive attitude and safety consciousness that are essential to this role.
- Supervises 15 to 25 Team Members in a warehouse operation.
- Establishes and practices a culture of safety among the Team Members at all times.
- Ensures Team Members understand how to perform their duties safely, effectively and efficiently. This includes interpreting, teaching, mentoring and training Team Members when needed on Safety Regulations.
- Ensures work areas and equipment are maintained, clean and safe for conformity to federal and state sanitation laws and plant standards.
- Responsible for communicating sanitation concerns and routing reports to designated plant personnel.
- Capable of running equipment within the warehouse by following Standard Operating Procedures at all times.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment while
maintaining time and production records.
- Appraises performance, and rewards and disciplines team members when appropriate.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Possesses a commonsense management style while achieving company goals.
- Practices an “open door policy” of communication with Team Members at all times.
- Perform duties with speed and precision with a high regard for workplace safety.
- Troubleshoot and make routine adjustments to ensure the best possible outcomes for employee safety, work quality and operation schedules.
- Follow daily work schedule and keep operations on track.
- Closely work with Operation, Production, Maintenance and Quality managers on KPI improvements.
- Fast paced work environment with, in and around industrial machinery.
- Cold storage environment. Warehouse bays are kept at a constant 32 degrees (and below zero in
certain areas). Ability to withstand cold storage temps for extended periods of
time (warm gear provided by company).
- Noise level varies and at times and can be loud.
- Four years warehouse experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information in one—on—one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Proven ability to use basic mathematical skills.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Capable of becoming certified to operate all the equipment used in the warehouse.
- Available to work different shifts as necessary.
- Available to work occasional to frequent overtime.
- Must be willing and able to frequently stand, walk, crawl, climb, push, pull, kneel, bend and reach.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with our without reasonable assistance.
- Must be able to perform in all areas that hourly employees are performing with the manual dexterity required.
Lineage Team Members:
- Continually meet internal and external customer expectations through teamwork, respect and willingness to help and support others.
- Demonstrate complete commitment to a culture of safety. Promote a safe work environment through personal actions and identifying any safety concerns.
- Treat all team members with a respect while demonstrating positive work attitude and leadership skills.
- Take initiative to continually improve performance and work processes through feedback, problem solving and generating new ideas.
- Work with a sense of urgency to complete tasks safely, effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrate excellent job performance in productivity, quality, safety, and attendance
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.