|Job Title||Machine Operator|
POSITION TITLE: Machine Operator
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor / Operations Manager
REVISED DATE: 06-10-17
Document Control: QMS-OS-003
Operation/ prompt diagnostic for operation of VFFS baggers (HAYSSEN) and Combination scales (YAMATO). Under general supervision, provides routine production support following established procedures.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Works efficiently in accordance to standardized rates and specifications to minimize production down time.
- Performs preventive maintenance and repairs on the bagger machine and scales to ensure serviceability and may assist in general plant maintenance.
- Operates a two-bagger line set up, calibrates and sets up the machine for operation.
- Completes necessary documentation in support of operations.
- Ensures the quality of the finished product: package weights, package integrity, labels and production codes.
- Assist in supervision and direction of line personnel as needed
- Complies with all proper Good Manufacturing Practices and Safety Policies
- Carries out additional duties as required or requested by the supervisory or managerial staff
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
GED or High School education preferred. One year production or manufacturing experience or equivalent training.
Ability to read, write and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals as well as the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and management.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand and work in cold environment. Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds without assistance.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee will frequently work around food processing machinery such as forklifts, conveyor belts, and hydraulic mechanical equipment. The employee is normally required t o work in a warehouse with temperatures ranging from 35 degrees to normal room temperature.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.