|Job Title||Tax Analyst*|
|Location||Novi,MI*||*Position is based out of Novi,MI|
Please note: our interview process is designed to comply with CDC recommendations. Your safety is of the utmost importance to us.
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our Finance team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
We’re currently seeking a Indirect Tax Analyst to join the team. As the Tax Analyst, you will support the tax compliance process, working closely with the indirect tax lead and other cross-functional teams.
Responsibilities of the Indirect Tax Analyst:
- Compile sales and use tax returns on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis for the company and its affiliates in various states
- File state and local business license returns and tax registration for various companies
- Assist with tax jurisdiction issues regarding notifications, registrations or compliance documents
- Communicate with personnel to advise or answer questions they may have regarding tax law changes or compliance issues
- Review AP data on a monthly basis for various companies to determine if any use tax liability exists
- Work with third-party professionals handling the company’s property tax filings and assessments
- Assist with property tax accrual and payments, and indirect tax audits from various municipality and state taxing authorities
- Maintain proper tax documentation to be used under audit
- Collaborate cross-functionally to make sure potential tax issues are addressed proactively
- Liaise with accounting operations and external auditors
- Conduct research on tax issues
Required Qualifications of the Indirect Tax Analyst:
- 1+ years of experience in Indirect Tax
- 1+ years of experience in accounting
- Working knowledge of tax accounting principles, methods and techniques
- Strong data analysis, prioritization and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task with a high level of attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role leads to greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you challenged and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and fun. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.