|Job Title||Logistics Specialist*|
|Location||La Porte,TX*||*Position is based out of La Porte,TX|
Please note: our interview process is designed to comply with CDC recommendations. Your safety is of the utmost importance to us.
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our Transportation team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
We’re currently seeking a International Logistics Dispatcher to join the team. As the Logistics Specialist, you will be responsible for day-to-day transportation operations including shipment planning and load consolidation. Additionally, you will provide customer support for LTL and temperature-controlled shipments across America.
Responsibilities of the International Logistics Dispatcher:
- Plan and coordinate multiple orders across several customers daily
- Evaluate carrier alternatives and tender freight based on cost/service requirements
- Set pick up/delivery appointments based on service and schedule requirements
- Support internal/customer metrics and continuous improvement opportunities
- Ensure carrier/customer accessorial costs are communicated timely
- Interface with customer base to facilitate problem resolution and improvement opportunities
- Monitor carrier performance and recommend routing changes as required
- Partner with warehouse operations team to ensure customer requirements are met and/or exceeded
- Maximize profit margins while meeting customer requirements
Required Qualifications of the International Logistics Dispatcher:
- High School diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience in a shipping or transportation coordination environment with Import/Export expericne
- Previous experience utilizing transportation management software
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role leads to greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you challenged and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and fun. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.