|Job Title||Technical Project Manager - Release Management*|
|Location||Novi,MI*||*Position is based out of Novi,MI|
Technical Project Manager - Release Management
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our IT team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
We’re currently seeking a Technical Project Manager to join the team. As the Technical Project Manager, you will own the release management lifecycle by scheduling, coordinating and managing releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios and platforms. This will include implementing and leading release processes for the progression of code and infrastructure configuration changes in the development, test, and production environments. Additionally, you will coordinate test environments readiness, maintenance, and utilization used by software development teams.
Responsibilities of the Technical Project Manager:
- Maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across internal business and clients
- Participate in the required scrum ceremonies to learn about and plan future releases
- Develop common strategies for release governance across multiple tracks/vendors
- Facilitate cross-team/vendor/department coordination of release management functions spread across multiple geographies
- Lead and coordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment plans
- Shepherd change requests through change management process and support the CAB process
- Escalate to request the approval to proceed if a deviation to the plan or change window is required
- Communicate release status, activity progress and issues encountered throughout the duration of release activities
- Perform release management assessment and ensure implementation of the release management strategy
- Record and manage deviations, risks and issues during the release process, and take necessary corrective action
- Help troubleshoot and coordinate activities to resolve incidents and issues in non-prod and prod regions
- Lead release-level retrospectives to drive improvements across delivery and deployment
- Work with the DevOps team to coordinate and deploy the builds, and work with the QA team to smoke test the build
- Coordinate the creation of new test environments for multiple software development teams and track the status of environment configuration activities
- Partner with the Agile Delivery Manager as needed
- Communicate with Product, external, internal teams and end users about the release schedules
Required Qualifications of the Technical Project Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Business Administration and/or 10+ years equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Release Management experience
- 3+ years of Release Engineering/Configuration Management or Change Control experience
- Good understanding of Change Management processes
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools and frameworks
- Knowledge of ITIL standards and best practices
- Detailed knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, Portfolio and other agile tools
- Competence to manage multiple concurrent (staggered) releases
- Willingness to work non-standard hours in support of builds and deployments
- Previous experience working with Agile teams
Preferred Qualifications of the Technical Project Manager:
- SAFe® Release Train Engineer certification and/or ScrumMaster certification
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role leads to greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you challenged and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and fun. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.