|Job Title||Director, Data Technologies*|
|Location||Novi,MI*||*Position is based out of Novi,MI|
Please note: our interview process is designed to comply with CDC recommendations. Your safety is of the utmost importance to us.
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our IT team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
We’re currently seeking a Director of Data Technologies to join the team. As the Director of Data Technologies, you will be accountable for the data assets and associated technologies storing and surfacing data for use cases both inside and outside the organization. You will ensure our data assets are comprehensive, complete, well-organized, and accessible through both hands-on work as well as directing a small, focused team.
Responsibilities of the Director of Data Technologies:
- Evaluates, selects, designs, and implements technology solutions to solve data analysis and reporting problems
- Maintains direct responsibility for Lineage’s Big Data platform including its design, completeness, stability, performance, etc.
- Maintains direct responsibility for Lineage’s data warehouse reporting solution(s) including availability, upgrades, capabilities, etc.
- Maintains accountability for data assets including those stored in both data lake and data warehouse technologies
- Ensures appropriate and secure access for both technology and business users from developers and data scientists to accountants and human resource professionals
- Leads a team of technology resources to properly structure, expand, and ensure both the completeness and quality of collected data
- Researches and applies new technologies and approaches to increase the usefulness and availability of data within the organization
- Assists in the identification and resolution of critical system issues especially as it relates to data availability and accuracy
- Collaborates with others to solve complex problems and resolves technological disagreement with informed, rational, practical solutions
- Mentors and provides guidance especially to other technical resources
Required Qualifications of the Director of Data Technologies:
- University degree in computer science, software engineering, or IT management and/or >12 years of relevant work experience
- 10+ years of direct data engineering and business intelligence experience including at least 5 years spent designing and delivering the data assets to technical and business users
- Demonstrable knowledge of common database, data lake, and business intelligence technologies - e.g. Cloudera, PostgreSQL, and Looker, respectively
Preferred Qualifications of the Director of Data Technologies:
- Knowledge of supply chain concepts and associated technologies including WMS, TMS, YMS and related systems
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role leads to greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you challenged and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and fun. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.