|Location||Omaha, NE - Midwest Regional Office|
Please note: our interview process is designed to comply with CDC recommendations. Your safety is of the utmost importance to us!
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our Finance team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
We’re currently seeking an Accountant to join the team. As a GL Accountant, you must have the ability to work independently, handling multiple tasks, and changing priorities in a fast-paced accounting environment. You must have strong General Ledger accounting skills which include a solid understanding of GAAP principles to ensure accurate recording of assets, liabilities, revenue and expenses. Additionally, you must be a team player as you will work closely with cross-functional teams in relation to the company’s financial standing.
Responsibilities of the Accountant:
- Perform monthly accounting closure procedures and deliverables, which includes journal entries, accruals, account and bank reconciliations, and financial statement analysis in compliance with GAAP.
- Compiles, reviews, reconciles, and/or analyzes financial information from various sources and prepares account reconciliations, workpapers, financial statements, and supplementary schedules for assigned companies and cost centers.
- Records daily and monthly accounting transactions for assigned companies, cost centers, business operations and processes.
- Perform calculations and records monthly accounting transactions for revenue accruals, expense accruals, capitalization of projects/expenses and amortization of expenses.
- Provides financial reports to internal business partners with supporting documentation, schedules, research & analysis for more difficult account reconciliations ensuring financial information balances to supporting documentation and General Ledger.
- Analyze interdepartmental processes to identify, recommend, and implement process improvements.
- Uphold company standards when working with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls; while also providing support on special requests when required.
- Assisting in preparing audit paperwork and interface with external auditors.
- Execute accounting work in designated time frames for monthly reconciliations and duties, quarterly and annual projects in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with all departments within the organization to meet company goals.
Required Qualifications of the Accountant:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of accounting experience with at least 2 years general ledger accounting experience.
- Familiar and knowledgeable with financial statement preparation, analysis and general accounting principles.
- Ability to compile, analyze, and communicate financial information including identifying & solving problems.
- Ability to work independently and organize workflow while handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workflow, assigned tasks, & assignments appropriately while meeting deadlines.
- Adaptable and able to manage change in response to Lineage’s continued business growth.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong competency with Microsoft Excel
- Must be a team player able to work in a cross functional team environment.
- Must have experience in the following areas:
- Cash and banking processes
- Capital project processes and understanding of assets/depreciation;
- Payroll processing and ability to reconcile payroll reports to the general ledger;
- Multi-currency and intercompany reconciliation comprehension necessary.
- Revenue recognition including accruals and deferred revenue;
Preferred Qualifications of the Accountant:
- Previous general ledger accounting experience with multiple companies and locations;
- Experience working with Workday financial system
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role leads to greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you challenged and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and fun. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and se
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.