|Job Title||General Mechanic - Maintenance|
General Mechanic - Maintenance
This position reports to the Building Maintenance Supervisor. The accountabilities of this position require frequent interaction with various employees in the Company and with customer representatives.
This position is responsible for providing support to the maintenance department. The responsibilities of this position require effective performance with regard to safety, productivity and quality. This position requires a varied work schedule and the ability to work overtime.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs maintenance on warehouse structure (internal & external) and surrounding grounds.
- Perform limited electrical work, such as replacement of circuit components that does not affect the design or integrity of the original circuit.
- Ensures proper food safety and warehouse sanitation practices are implemented and that Company and customer assets are adequately protected and maintained.
- Complies with Safety Programs to ensure protection of employees and property.
- Ensure that the interface with other departments is being conducted in a manner that is conducive with operational goals.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner and ensure personal appearance meets the standards necessary to perform the job functions while representing the company.
- Performs inspection and repair of all batteries and charging equipment.
- Performs repairs and inspection of all racking within the freezer.
- Perform periodic and preventive maintenance of all roll up doors and freezer doors. Lubricates and cleans all roll up doors and freezer doors.
- Produces records of inspections and repairs to ensure that the equipment is maintained in a manner safe for intended use.
- Repairs equipment in compliance with manufacturer’s specifications and/or regulatory requirements.
- Tests equipment and diagnoses and repairs mechanical malfunction.
- Performs additional tasks as may be assigned.
- Ability to follow-up on tasks, projects and inquiries as needed in a timely and effective manner.
- Must be able to participate effectively as a team member
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all groups (managers, direct reports, customers, etc.)
- Ability to hold self to the highest ethical standards. Represent the company in a favorable manner both within and outside the organization.
- Must be able to read and write work instructions and various business communication documents
- Strong electrical skills
- Proficient welding skills (mig and arc)
- Must be able to work with Warehouse Personnel in an effective manner.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (The person selected must be able to engage in these physical activities without accommodation and without causing pain or aggravating an existing physical condition.)
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work on cement floors in a standing and walking position for an entire work shift.
- Must be able to bend, twist, lift arms, and stoop for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs without assistance.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.