|Job Title||Compliance Practitioner|
|Location||Watsonville, CA - Cascade|
Lineage Logistics is an innovative leader and the Largest refrigerated warehouse/ Distribution Company in the world. We play a critical role in the national food and services supply chain. Lineage is currently searching for a Export coordinator to join our team.
Lineage is seeking a Export coordinator to impact every team member at the facility level. As an Export Coordinator, you will be provide the overall management and implementation, coordination, training, review, recordkeeping, and maintenance of the facility Compliance and Export Control Program. This involves the supervision of a team of documentation clerks and warehouse workers responsible for all aspects of the shipment/storage of export product. This is a critical role that will require you to have strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills. You must possess strong problem-solving abilities and basic math skills. The export coordinator will oversee and ensure the proper execution of operational processes, plan and allocate labor to maximize productivity, maintain applicable records, develop reports, and coordinate activities across multiple warehouse functions.
PRINCIPAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be present when export operations are conducted.
- When appropriate, communicate directly with FSIS program personnel at all levels;
- Stop product export certification operations, remove product from further handling, and make determinations regarding control of any manufactured, stored, or staged products which are believed to be adulterated, misbranded, or otherwise fail to meet regulatory requirements or destination country requirements;
- Make decisions concerning product disposition, including product destruction;
- Implement, document, and maintain records for all export control procedures;
- Initiate corrective actions for any deviation or noncompliance related to the facility CECP;
- Be responsible for volume control and management to ensure that full shipments are presented to FSIS inspection personnel for export inspection and certification.
- Be responsible for informing customers when the establishment cannot facilitate additional orders;
- Create a daily schedule of all outbound export shipments;
- Provide direct oversight over all export clerks.
- Apply and enforce the code of safe practices with all employees..
- Conduct meetings in order to assess and inform team members of FSIS/USDA procedures and requirements.
- Conduct and administer periodic evaluations for team members.
- Work with leadership team to prepare for FSIS and Lineage SIS audits.
- Audit procedures and processes to ensure that those set forth are practiced and followed in accordance to company standards.
- Maintain proper paperwork in accordance to established policies and procedures including maintaining various logs, binders, and other record keeping systems. Must perform filing documentation in an orderly and established fashion.
- Work with internal and external customers on the safety program and with daily operations and to resolve issues within the facility and with the customer.
- Attend training sessions and other necessary events assigned by Operations. Will be required to travel to attend necessary training sessions that are company sponsored or administered by a third party or organization.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety in and around the warehouse. Ensure that all team members follow safety practices during work activities.
- Must be able to possess effective communication skills, both written and oral, in order to convey information effectively and professionally.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Education and Certifications (Min). High School diploma/equivalent or at least 3 years of experience in a supervisory role
Education and Certifications (Preferred or Specialized).
Experience (Min). Must have at least 3 years of experience in the handling/storage/preparation of export product.
Experience (Preferred or Specialized). 3 years of experience completing Export documentation to include but not limited to FSIS forms 9060-6 and 9060-5.
Knowledge (Min). Experience with Microsoft Office at a basic level (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Knowledge (Preferred or Specialized) Ability to navigate the FSIS web site, AMS web site, and Tech center
Skills (Min). Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Basic-level computer skills
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.