|Job Title||Lineage Management Program Trainee|
|Location||Vernon, CA (Long Beach)|
At Lineage Logistics, our six core values guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, and Servant Leadership. We understand that our differences foster greater creativity and innovation. Our team members are as diverse as our products, customers, facilities and communities we serve. Join our inclusive team and help us in our shared purpose to eliminate waste from the food supply chain and help feed the world.
Lineage Management Program Trainee:
Lineage Logistics is currently seeking recent college graduates to join our team as trainees in the Lineage Management Program (LMP). In this position, you will be given the unique opportunity to gain the knowledge and experience required for promotion to management positions under direction of experienced personnel. The ideal candidate will be open to learning new things, not afraid to take chances, and interested in learning every aspect of company operations. Join the team that shepherds the country’s food supply from farm to table!
The Lineage Management Program provides trainees the opportunity to experience the first 20 weeks of employment through rotational and developmental assignments at our Regional Distribution Centers. Each assignment will allow the trainee the opportunity to work with members of the Lineage Operations team and execute key tasks in a highly supportive environment. Upon successful completion of the program, Trainees will be considered for Operations Supervisor roles.
Responsibilities of the Management Program Trainee:
- Attend a one-week onboarding program focused on leadership principles at Lineage Logistics’ corporate headquarters in Novi, Michigan
- Observe, practice, and develop strong operational skills by training with seasoned leaders
- Assist with the coordination of activities between departments to ensure availability of products
- Support the execution and achievement of established warehouse performance objectives regarding cost, productivity, customer service, and profits
- Analyze production schedules and estimate worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment while maintaining time and production records
- Support the management of operational procedures to verify incoming and outgoing shipments, handle and disposition merchandise, and monitor warehouse inventory
- Contribute to efforts made to track, communicate and route reports to designated plant personnel
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local statutes to establish and practice a culture of safety among the team members
- Demonstrate the ability to perform daily responsibilities of an Operations Supervisor upon completion of the program
- Meet performance (SMART) goals and objectives set by upper management and determined upon accepting position
Required Qualifications of the Management Program Trainee:
- Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years relevant civilian or military experience
- Able to relocate for initial training period and for post-program placement, if required
- Motivated toward career growth and learning
- Ability to withstand cold temperatures for extended periods of time
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of staff throughout the company
- Proven consistency in job performance related to productivity, quality, safety and attendance
- Demonstrated drive for results and comfort with ambiguity.
- Strong communication skills including written, verbal, and presentation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Preferred Qualifications of the Management Program Trainee:
- Manual dexterity in the areas that hourly team members are performing (Forklift Driver, Order Picker, Shipping/Receiving Clerk, Maintenance Technician)
- This is a cold storage warehouse with temperatures between -10 and 34 degrees
- Appropriate work gear will be provided
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and communicating with a variety of people and personalities
- Noise level in the warehouse varies and, at times, can be loud
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.