|Job Title||Senior Paralegal - Real Estate*|
|Location||Irvine, CA*||*Position is based out of Irvine, CA|
Senior Paralegal – Real Estate
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our Legal Team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
We’re currently seeking a Senior Paralegal – Real Estate to join the team. This position will report directly to the SVP, Deputy General Counsel and will be a welcome addition as the first transactional paralegal in our dynamic seven-person legal team. As the Senior Paralegal, you will also partner closely with Lineage’s Vice President of Real Estate in managing our large and ever-growing real estate portfolio and assisting with due diligence on acquisition, financing and construction projects.
Responsibilities of the Senior Paralegal – Real Estate:
- Perform title, survey and zoning review in connection with acquisitions, financing and construction projects, and supervise outside resources on similar work for large transactions
- Review findings and work directly with sellers, lenders, surveyors and title companies to proactively resolve issues, and advise the internal legal and business team on related risks
- Assist with Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), finance and real estate deal closing logistics, including coordinating signatures, checking documents and following up on open items under the supervision of the lead attorney
- Support the initial drafting of real estate or transaction-related documents, including deeds, deeds of trust, reconveyances, lease amendments and notice letters
- Complete M&A due diligence and post-acquisition documentation and integration, including updating internal structure charts, files and spreadsheets
- Handle Know Your Client (KYC) requests for financings
- Assist with entity management and general corporate housekeeping, including maintaining entity minutes/resolutions and working with outside service provider on annual filings, qualifications/withdrawals and good standings
- Contribute to corporate structure chart updates and proforma structure steps charts for transactions
- Compile and maintain electronic databases of transaction-related documents, including due diligence, closing and post-closing documents and correspondence
- Work collaboratively, proactively and responsively with a broad range of colleagues locally and internationally on a variety of legal and strategic projects, ensuring good relationships between legal, human resources, finance, IT, operations, and corporate development of Lineage and its affiliates to facilitate a coordinated team approach
Required Qualifications of the Senior Paralegal – Real Estate:
- 5+ years of significant transactional paralegal experience
- Paralegal certificate or equivalent work experience
- Ability to translate legal complexities into terms readily understood by management and line personnel
- Ability to manage multiple competing requests and ensure that projects are completed on a timely basis
- Excellent analytical, legal research and reasoning skills
- Ability to work well independently and within a team, and to work closely with all levels of management and staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High professional ethics, good judgment and initiative
Preferred Qualifications of the Senior Paralegal – Real Estate:
- Working knowledge of or desire to learn Yardi Voyager
- Experience with or desire to learn Microsoft PowerPoint to develop strategic and informative presentations
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role leads to greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you challenged and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and fun. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed - we want our team aligned on working together to build an outstanding company.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.