|Job Title||International Logistics Dispatcher *|
|Location||San Leandro, CA*||*Position is based out of San Leandro, CA|
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our Transportation team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
We’re currently seeking a International Logistics Dispatcher to join the team.
Responsibilities of the Logistics Dispatcher:
- Coordinate import, export, and cross dock shipments with carriers or drivers, warehouses and/or 3rd parties.
- Create a daily dispatch plan on all shipments to avoid rail / port demurrage, container per diem, and ensuring optimum driver/unit utilization and performance in generating revenue.
- Assist in the recruitment efforts of company drivers and owner operators
- Make freight delivery appointments, as required
- Make sure all paperwork is handled timely and correctly;
- Track and trace shipments to ensure on-time delivery or arrange pickup.
- Arranging export/import shipments, checking ETA, LFD, ERD and Cut offs.
- Perform administrative functions necessary in the daily operations.
- Provide excellent customer service to our customers.
- Communicate, negotiate and manage vendor carriers. This will include qualifying new carriers using company provided criteria.
- Work with loading facilities, carrier and customer to resolve shipment issues.
Required Qualifications of the Logistics Dispatcher:
- Port dispatching and harbor drayage experience preferred.
- Excellent phone etiquette and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Social Skills, good interpersonal/team player attributes. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, attention to detail and strong follow through.
- Work well in a fast paced environment while under pressure, able to multi-task and stay organized.
- Computer skills, TMS software (Internet tender process), OS&D system, (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Proven ability to use basic mathematical skills.
- Available to work occasional to frequent overtime.
- Dedicated, proactive customer service approach to this position is a must.
- College degree and industry experience are preferred.
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role leads to greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you challenged and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and fun. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.