|Job Title||Supply Chain Design Engineer*|
|Location||Richland, WA - Polar*||*Position is based out of Richland, WA - Polar|
A successful candidate will be part of a newly organized and fast paced engineering team supporting our Freight Management team with efficient route designs in the refrigerated supply chain environment. This opportunity will be focused around using industry leading modeling software to perform Supply Chain analysis and transportation optimization for current business and new opportunities. Including extensive data analytics and project management of multiple high intensity studies with tight timelines for completion and implementation.
- Strategic and tactical design of supply chain networks including transportation optimization routing, inventory placement, network foot print and location design
- Co-development of project solution set including modeling approaches, scope, design, timing and final total cost validation
- Overall data analysis, validation and manipulation of customers data, which can be in many differing stages and levels of detail. Assumption management to complete data management efforts
- Complete documentation of all assumptions and modeling parameters in preparation of project presentation of results
- Modeling of current network and performing what if scenario simulations and optimization efforts based on new customer volume or warehouse volume adjustments
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, or similar. Master’s degree a plus.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in Third Party Logistics (3PL) or similar transportation industry utilizing transportation optimization tools/principles, specifically LLamasoft suite (Supply Chain Guru), and background in performing supply chain planning and design along with analytical support for transportation and supply chain operations
- This experience should include inventory management, transportation sourcing, planning and forecasting
- Experience in the performance of analytical support for transportation and supply chain operations
- Experience with Transportation Management Software (TMS), examples would include i2, Manugistics, JDA/Red Prairie, Manhattan TMS, Lean Logistics LeanTMS, BluJay Solutions TMS, SAP TM, Oracle or MercuryGate
- Advanced data manipulation skills with experience in SQL, Tableau, MS Excel and Access
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.