|Job Title||Shipping & Receiving Operator 2nd Shift Monday - Friday*|
|Location||San Antonio,TX*||*Position is based out of San Antonio, TX|
Lineage Logistics is hiring Shipping & Receiving Operators 2nd Shift, Monday - Friday, 4pm - 12:30am.
The Shipping & Receiving Operator will be responsible for stocking received items and filling customer orders to be shipped. Additionally, the Shipping & Receiving Operator will verify inventory and visually inspect shipments for quality.
Responsibilities of the Shipping & Receiving Operator:
- Reads and follows computerized work orders to determine quantities and types of products to be shipped
- Identifies products requested in work orders through reading, interpreting, and scanning pallet identification (PID) numbers; locates requested items in warehouse
- Changes over pallets for picking, visually inspects items for damages or flaws; documents and reports damages to supervisors or leads
- Packs, seals and labels materials/pallets for shipping using hand or power tools
- Documents and verifies counts of picked items through handheld computers; alerts supervisors/inventory control to the issue and awaits further directions for rectifying the problem
- Helps other warehouse personnel at end of shift with putting away/organizing warehouse
Required Qualifications of the Shipping & Receiving Operator:
- 1+ year(s) of experience in a warehouse environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to read and speak English
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be able and willing to work weekends
- Must be able and willing to complete a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Preferred Qualifications of the Shipping/Receiving Operator:
- High School Diploma or GED
- This is a cold storage warehouse with temperatures between -10 and 34 degrees
- Appropriate work gear will be provided
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and communicating with a variety of people and personalities
- Noise level in the warehouse varies and, at times, can be loud
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role leads to greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you challenged and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and fun. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.