|Job Title||General Manager - Greater Seattle*|
|Location||Greater Seattle,WA*||*Position is based out of Nationwide|
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our Management team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
Lineage is currently searching for General Managers to join our growing team across the country, including the Greater Seattle, WA! Relocation assistance, along with competitive compensation & benefits are available to leaders who want to apply their expertise at one of our facilities.
As General Manager, you will develop management teams to establish cohesiveness and synergy across departments. Additionally, you will work closely with Operational Managers who ensure accordance with Lineage’s policies, procedures and applicable laws in our facilities. Lastly, as the General Manager you will use a continuous improvement, lean, and operational excellence mindset to foster a safe and successful environment.
Responsibilities of the General Manager:
- Establish warehouse performance objectives (KPIs) and strategic planning
- Plan, direct, and implement warehouse, maintenance department, and office support operations to meet productivity and service goals
- Consult with Plant Engineer to obtain daily room temperature reports and requirements
- Oversee the compliance of pest control and food safety programs
- Achieve company objectives regarding cost, productivity, customer service, profits, and employees
- Conduct and coordinate daily meetings
- Review bills of lading for incoming products and customer orders to plan work activities
- Establish operational procedures to verify incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of merchandise, and warehouse inventory storage
- Coordinate distribution warehouse activities with sales, record control, and purchasing departments to ensure availability of merchandise
- Utilize Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and stay up-to-date on changes to suit customer needs
- Participate in company marketing and sales efforts, including planning new account strategies, prospecting for new accounts, negotiating contracts, etc.
- Develop and manage system of controls to ensure that service levels and operational performance goals are met within cost, revenue, and profit parameters
- Maintain customer contact and direct reclamation of damaged products
- Operate facility in compliance with federal, state, and local statutes
Required Qualifications of the General Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years of experience in supply chain operations management
- Training or certification(s) in continuous improvement, lean, and/or operational excellence
- Strong communication skills
- Fast paced industrial machinery and cold storage work environment
- Warehouse bays are kept at 32 degrees (and below zero in certain areas)
- Ability to withstand cold storage temperatures for extended periods of time (warm gear provided by company)
- Noise level varies at times and it can be loud
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role leads to greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you challenged and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and fun. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent benefits, 401(k), and Paid Time Off.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.