|Job Title||Operations Manager*|
|Location||Los Angeles (Long Beach), CA*||*Position is based out of Los Angeles (Long Beach), CA|
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our Management team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
As the Operations Manager, you will direct, plan, coordinate, and execute warehouse activities as directed by the General Manager. Additionally, you are responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the operation, ensuring a safe and a productive workplace.
Responsibilities of the Operations Manager:
- Responsible for achieving prescribed company objectives (KPIs) regarding cost, productivity, customer service, profits, and team members
- Practice workplace safety among the team members at all times
- Lead daily planning and staff meetings
- Manage operational procedures such as verifying incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and dispositioning merchandise, and maintaining warehouse inventory
- Coordinate warehouse activities including sales, record control, and purchasing to ensure availability of products
- Develop and manage system of controls to ensure that operational performance goals are met within prescribed cost, revenue, and profit parameters
- Operate facility in compliance with federal, state, and local statutes to establish and practice a culture of safety among the team members at all time
Required Qualifications of the Operations Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of warehouse management experience
- Able to effectively present information in small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Capable of becoming certified to operate all the equipment used in the warehouse
- Available to work different shifts as necessary and occasional to frequent overtime
- Must be willing and able to frequently stand, walk, crawl, climb, push, pull, kneel, bend and reach
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable assistance
- Knowledgeable in Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) software
- Fast paced industrial machinery and cold storage work environment
- Warehouse bays are kept at 32 degrees (and below zero in certain areas)
- Ability to withstand cold storage temperatures for extended periods of time (warm gear provided by company)
- Noise level varies at times and it can be loud
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role leads to greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you challenged and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and fun. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage Logistics offers comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off and more.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.