|Job Title||Warehouse Lead*|
|Location||Batavia, IL*||*Position is based out of Batavia, IL|
|Shifts hiring||Full-time, Night Shift|
Operate a crew to ensure all the functions of the warehouse are being completed. Safely and efficiently operate a forklift for the purpose of unloading, loading, moving, locating, relocating, stacking, and counting inventory in a fast paced environment. Accurate receiving, storing, picking and shipping of product to meet company and customer standards of service, quality, safety, and productivity.
Duties/Responsibilities: * indicates essential function of the job
- Responsible for the operation of the designated work area assigned to them, including Warehouse, Account Maintenance and Dock-Shipping and Receiving.*
- Ensure and/or notify proper personnel of the proper operation, appearance and safety of their area of responsibility.*
- Strong communication and leadership skills to build relationships with warehouse, customer service, transportation and customer groups. Lead, direct and build and maintain moral with their specific team.*
- Assist in training of new employees assigned to their area of operation.*
- Work with supervisors, management and warehouse personnel to continually develop operational improvements and training modifications as needed.*
- Ensure that all shipping and receiving documents and material handling inspections are completed correctly and follow up on anything that needs to be addressed.*
- Help maintain accurate inventory records.*
- Verify that all accessorial forms are completed and turned in to the accounting department for billing.*
- Ensure order audits are being completed and that the appropriate warehouse personnel correct their orders.*
- Account for all defective or damaged products and follow up with appropriate corrective action accurately and timely.*
- Communicate and transition effectively between shifts for operational organization and flow.*
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, as well as being able to multi-task.*
- Learn the functions and daily tasks of the Shipping Clerk in order to be a back-up Clerk.*
- Be able to perform all warehouse functions.*
- Maintain high level of attendance, report for work on time daily. Work required over time as required by supervisor, flexibility to work other shifts as required by supervisor, availability for Saturday and Sunday, if necessary.
- Operate any material handling equipment safely and efficiently as required. Use radio frequency equipment for receiving, put-away, picking, product relocation, and loading functions, as required.
- Unload inbound trailers safely, accurately and efficiently. Move product to proper storage locations. Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas and complete all applicable paperwork thoroughly and accurately.
- Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is picked and loaded in accordance with company standards. Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets and maintains customer service and productivity standards.
- Efficiently and safely moves product from staging and/or storage areas into trailers, railcars or containers.
- Perform and document daily inspections including daily equipment inspections and Inbound/Outbound trailer inspections. Efficient utilization and proper care of the Company’s equipment including but not limited to the RF/WMS system.
- Complete audit process for inbound and outbound shipments for compliance regarding completeness of shipments. Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Report quantity variances and quality issues.
- Keep appropriate records and reports to validate that tight inventory control and security are maintained. Assist in physical inventories and ensure proper stock rotation.
- Comply with all OSHA Standards and utilize the MSDS as needed. Comply with all Company work rules, policies and procedures.
- Maintain personal hygiene and work area to meet sanitation standards of Company, adhere to all Good Warehousing Practices and Food Safety Guidelines, examples: cleaning up spills promptly, clean as you go, no cross contamination of products, not shipping damaged product, no eating or drinking in the warehouse.
- Comply with all HACCP guidelines and control points.
- Work with supervisor and all warehouse staff to ensure the security of the building by questioning anyone who is in the warehouse without a security badge.
- Maintain a professional attitude among co-workers and visitors to the facility.
- Reposition product within the facility as directed by management. Document all product relocations; including storage locations, SKU, quantity, quality, and whatever other product identification information required.
- Monday - Friday 2-10:30 Shift hours may vary
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.