|Job Title||Information Technology (IT) Trainer*|
|Location||Novi,MI*||*Position is based out of Novi, MI|
Lineage Logistics has embarked on a multi-year journey to develop a fully integrated platform that provides unprecedented visibility and access for all supply chain partners that touch the Lineage network.
We’re currently seeking an Information Technology (IT) Trainer to join this innovative and strategic initiative. As the Training Specialist, you will drive the design and delivery of stakeholder training across the country. Additionally, you will assist the IT team in testing and validation efforts to continually improve the project.
Responsibilities of the IT Trainer:
- Creating and delivering training material to support the introduction of our new platform, Lineage Link
- Work closely with the core project team to understand the functionality that is available and how it is used in an operational setting
- Report quality assurance issues as they are discovered and validate resolutions when updates are made
- Identify the training delivery methodology required for each component and each audience including warehouse personnel, customers, transportation carriers and drivers, and support personnel
- Develop the content for each component and audience
- Ensure that the delivery methodology has a feedback loop for audience input and a way to measure comprehension
- Coordinate and direct outside vendors in the preparation of training material
- Deliver the initial round of training for each course and use the train-the-trainer model to enable future delivery as the platform is rolled out across the organization
- Deliver subsequent training as needed
- Maintain and improve material continually throughout the project to respond to emerging requirements and risks
- Provide best practice training input to the core team to maximize product adoption
- Integrate testing, training material development, and delivery into the overall project plan
- Identify risks related to testing and training initiatives and suggest options for mitigation to the IT Project Manager
- Domestic and/or international travels may be required
Required Qualifications of the IT Trainer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or Information Technology or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience creating and delivering training material
- Previous experience working within the software development lifecycle preferably in a QA or testing capacity
Preferred Qualifications of the IT Trainer:
- Familiarity with training both internal and external company users
- Previous experience in Supply Chain Management, Warehousing, and/or Contract Logistics
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role leads to greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you challenged and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and fun. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.