|Job Title||Information Technology (IT) Trainer*|
|Location||Novi,MI*||*Position is based out of Novi, MI|
Lineage Logistics has embarked on a multi-year journey to develop a fully integrated platform that provides unprecedented visibility and access for all supply chain partners that touch the Lineage network. The Training Specialist is initially responsible for all aspects of training to support the introduction of our new platform and will assist with the testing and validation efforts as well. When successful, the role will expand to include additional technology initiatives at the world’s most innovative logistics organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initially work with the Lineage Link core project team to understand the functionality that is available and how it is used in an operational setting.
- Report quality assurance issues as they are discovered while becoming familiar with the newly developed software. Validate that the issues have been resolved when updates are available.
- Identify the training delivery methodology required for each component and each audience including warehouse personnel, customers, transportation carriers and drivers, and support personnel.
- Develop the content for each component and audience.
- Ensure that the delivery methodology has a feedback loop for audience input and a way to measure comprehension.
- Coordinate and direct outside vendors who will assist in the preparation of the material.
- Deliver the initial round of training for each course and use the train the trainer model to enable future delivery as the platform is rolled out across the organization.
- Deliver subsequent training as needed.
- Continually maintain and improve material throughout the project to respond to emerging requirements and risks.
- Provide best practice training input to the core team to maximize product adoption.
- Integrate the testing, training material development, and delivery thereof with the overall project plan.
- Communicate identified risks to the success of testing and training initiatives and suggest options for mitigation to the IT Project Manager.
- Domestic and/or international travels may be required.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- College diploma or university degree in Education or IT and/or 3 years equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience creating and delivering training material
- Familiarity with training both internal and external company users a plus.
- Experience in Supply Chain Management, Warehousing, and/or Contract Logistics preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of educational development best practices and methodologies.
- Prior experience working within the software development lifecycle preferably in a QA or testing capacity
- Ability to create and deliver training material that meets the audience where they’re at.
- Ability to deliver on commitments (high quality, on budget, on time) while working on multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours to support delivery of time-critical project deadlines.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.