|Job Title||Technical Project Manager*|
|Location||Omaha,NE*||*Position is based out of Omaha, NE - Midwest Regional Office|
About Lineage Logistics:
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Your Career Starts Here!
Lineage is currently searching for a Technical Project Manager to join our growing team!
We are seeking Project Manager candidates with extensive experience in strategy and strategic implementation to support Lineage’s continued growth. Lineage Logistics’ Project Management Office’s primary mandate is to support the successful achievement of the company’s strategy by partnering with senior teams across functions on projects ranging from growth strategy, to market analysis, to operational improvement, and supply chain design. As a member of the PMO, you will be part of a dynamic team positioned to drive significant impact in a fast-growing company.
Project Managers play a key role in implementing critical projects to meet Lineage’s corporate strategy. Successful Project Managers are able to understand the details of their projects and how it supports the overall business strategy. They excel at thinking creatively, balancing multiple medium-sized projects simultaneously, and developing collaborative working relationships with business partners and technical experts. The successful candidate will be a creative and results-oriented problem-solver with strong business acumen and effective communication and collaboration skills. In addition, they also have excellent analytical skills. Finally, a Project Managers will have the ability to affect the business by influencing decisions through advice, counsel, analysis or facilitating and coordinating other services to assist in project completion.
- Manages multiple technical projects and/or programs for organization that are large to very complex in nature through establishing client relationships and the integration of requirement definition, project planning, and resource direction to meet corporate objectives in conjunction with the enterprise project portfolio
- Partners with project sponsors, project teams and other project managers to lead the definition of and evaluate client's technical and business requirements and develop approaches and solution alternatives with the project teams and stakeholders
- Develops project charter/scope document, and manages the programs or projects and their life cycles through the creation, collection, and maintenance of project documentation in accordance with standards established by the Program Management Office (PMO)
- Integrates project plans and schedules from multiple sources to create a cohesive plan with identifiable critical path, task dependencies, and major milestones, and manages the agreed project plans and schedules, ensuring successful completion within scope, budget, time, and quality parameters
- Identify and estimate project scope and deliverables
- Coordinates and directs development and vendor project resources in the implementation of designed project objectives, solutions and deliverables
- Mentors teams on best practices, process improvement and project management skills
- Adapting project plans, schedules, and resource assignments as required throughout projects to respond to emerging requirements and risks
- Communication of projects, adhering to project deadlines with project stakeholders, internal customers and upper management regarding the overall status of the project
- Drives continuous improvement to the PMO making the process more complete
- Domestic and/or international travels may be required
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- College diploma or university degree in software engineering, computer science, or business administration and/or 3-5 years equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of experience as Project Manager with application software
- Experience managing projects with budget of $1-5 million
- Experience in Supply Chain Management, Freight Forwarding, and/or Contract Logistics preferred
- Project management certification desired
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of project management best practices and methodologies
- Ability to deliver on commitments (high quality, on budget, on time) while working on multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to hold team members accountable, set clear performance standards, resolve performance issues, keep team engaged and on task
- Acts decisively for improvement in both projects and in the organization, addresses urgent, time sensitive or crisis issues
- Leadership skills to align project and department goals with the organization's and sponsor's goals
- Proven ability to lead project team, create and maintain group cohesiveness, interact with internal and external customers, manage vendor relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours to support delivery of time-critical project deadlines
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.