|Job Title||Warehouse Generalist*|
|Location||Tar Heel, NC*||*Position is based out of Tar Heel, NC|
|Shifts hiring||Full-time, Night Shift, Weekends|
Job Summary: The General Warehouse selects (“picks”) items for filling customer orders.
- Reads and follows computerized work orders to determine quantities and types of products to be shipped.
- Identifies products requested through work order through reading, interpreting, and scanning pallet identification (PID) numbers; locates requested items in warehouse.
- Reads computers for pallet ID code of items to be stocked; processes and stocks items in the correct location within the warehouse.
- Changes over pallets for picking, visually inspects items for damages or flaws; documents and reports damages to supervisors or leads.
- Lifts carries and sets requested items in an organized fashion onto a pallet for shipping; aided through use of a forklift.
- Packs, seals or labels to prepare materials/pallets for shipping, using hand or power tools.
- Documents and verifies counts of picked items through handled computers; alerts supervisors/inventory control to the issue and awaits further directions for rectifying the problem.
- Helps other warehouse personnel at end of shift with putting away/organizing warehouse.
- Wears safety equipment at all times, including freezer gear (hats, gloves, boots) and reflective outwear.
- Must be willing to work night shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds with no assistance continuously.
- Must be able to work in extreme cold temperatures.
- Must be able to work rotating 12 hour shifts.
- Carefully handles items in order to maintain quality and integrity of products.
- Powers down forklifts/lift trucks after use; puts on emergency breaks; lowers forks
- Participates in safety training at the beginning of employment and following any documented employee accident in the warehouse.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.